- Chaska, MN 55318, USA
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. In the spirit of Christ's love, we serve others with integrity and compassion.
Type of Roles Available: Full-time, Salaried, Leadership Role
Shifts: Primarily Dayside, Monday - Friday
Compensation: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the Home Care Department within the Assisted Living facility.
- Perform on-call nurse duties every 4th weekend and one weekday per week.
- Maintain an environment that achieves high quality care (physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual) of residents and maintain their independence and dignity to the highest degree possible within the AHS continuum. Provide clients with opportunities for independence and choice.
- Maintain effective communication systems with all customers.
- Advocate on behalf of home care clients and their families.
- Uphold vulnerable adult act and protect clients from abuse and neglect
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of specific clinical standards for the facility.
- Ensure the implementation of the nursing process: Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care based upon regulations and established clinical best practices.
- Assist in facility admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Determine the appropriateness of home care admissions, perform pre-admit assessments.
- Manage and monitor the clinical components of the medical record for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinate resident clinical needs with other resident care services both within and outside the facility/campus. Delegate duties to care attendant staff.
- Serve as the clinical and management resource for clinical staff, residents, families and visitors.
- Promote a spirit of cooperation with all regulatory organizations managing with an expectation of appropriate compliance and corrective measures.
- Coordinate clinical care with other health care professionals inside and outside AHS.
- Communicate professionally with all customers and develop and maintain positive relationships with health care providers.
- Maintain a work environment for employees that is conducive to high productivity and morale.
- Establish and maintain effective communication systems with employees.
- Support employee educational and development opportunities which meet regulatory requirements and opportunities for growth.
- Current RN license with MN State Board of Nursing (in good standing).
- Current in CPR training.
- Home Care experience.
- Two to Three years management experience in health care or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gerontological nursing, rehabilitative and restorative clinical practices.
- Demonstrated compatibility with AHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
- Ability to pass a background check through the State of Minnesota
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer