- Chaska, MN 55318, USA
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. In the spirit of Christ's love, we serve others with integrity and compassion.
Type of Roles Available: Full-time, Salaried Role
Shifts: Dayside, Weekday Shifts with Flexibility
Compensation: Based on Qualifications
Sign-On Bonus: $2,500
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the mission, policies and procedures and safety rules of the facility.
- Understands/supports the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Follows Federal and state of Minnesota rules and regulations governing nursing facilities.
- Coordinate and prepare attractive, nutritious and palatable meals for residents/customers following established menus, regulations, established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Works in office area as well as the kitchen and throughout the facility's food service areas such as dining rooms, resident rooms, activity rooms, etc.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Nutrition & Culinary Services program and activities.
- Must be knowledgeable of food services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing food services functions in nursing care facilities.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of food services service areas; must perform regular inspections of food services service areas and participate in facility inspections made by authorized government agencies.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the Nutrition & Culinary Services Department.
- Perform administrative duties such as ordering, completing necessary forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc., to assure control of equipment and supplies.
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from nursing services and able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
- Maintain accurate meal documentation records per established procedures.
- Must be able to read and interpret food services cost reports, financial data, etc.
- Must possess leadership ability and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Culinary Degree, Associate Degree or certification in Food Science nutrition, dietetics, or related field preferred.
- Food Safety Manager Certification required, can obtain after hire.
Experience in a senior setting preferred but not required. Experience managing staff a plus.
- Must possess a high school or equivalent education.
- Must have, as a minimum three (3) years' experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility. Must have training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, knowledge of state and federal food-handling regulations, and possess knowledge of food service operations.
- Must be Food Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated compatibility with AH&S's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers
- Must be able to pass a background study through the State of Minnesota.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer