Bus Para Substitute @ Districtwide
- 5928 SW 53rd St, Topeka, KS 66610, USA
Auburn-Washburn Unified School District 437 is a district consisting of 128 square miles of suburban and rural areas in southwest Topeka and Shawnee county. Presently, we have 13 total attendance centers — one early childhood center, seven elementary schools, one middle school, one high school, and two alternative learning centers.
Our schools reflect the commitment to excellence within our community. Above all, we strive for every student to succeed. If academic achievement and student body growth are indicators of success, we are reaching our goal. We consistently rank among the leaders in a variety of test scores including the ACT and SAT, as well as in National Merit Scholarships.
TITLE: Bus Para Substitute
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To assist the bus driver with students on the bus.
1. Ability to ride the assigned bus morning and afternoon.
2. Ability to attend all in-service meetings as required.
3. Ability to maintain order and discipline on the bus.
4. Ability to assist students on and off the bus when necessary.
5. Ability to deal with emergency health situations when called upon by the driver.
6. Ability to observe and follow all school district policies at all times.
7. Ability to respond to information requested in a cooperative, courteous and timely manner.
8. Ability to adjust to all special education student’s needs.
9. Ability to follow directions from the bus driver.
10. Be familiar with routes to be able to help a substitute driver.
11. Other duties as assigned.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 months/year
*This is an on-call position, so hours will vary. This position gives you the opportunity to have a flexible schedule.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Possess interest in working with special education students.
3. Possess ability to handle discipline problems consistently and fairly.
4. Maintains high level of confidentiality regarding student and staff information and issues.
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
3. Requires stooping, kneeling, bending, turning, reaching, climbing and balancing.
4. Extensive travel required.
5. Must work indoors and outdoors year round.
6. Must work in noisy crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
7. Medium work: Must move objects or the human body by exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly. The work requires sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, and/or stooping. Frequent changes in position may be required.
8. Visual acuity involving color, depth perception, and field of vision at a level required for a driver’s license.
9. Minimum standard of accuracy and neatness of work is based on criteria required for teachers.
10. The Bus Para may have an occasional occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious material, as well as exposure to common communicable diseases of children.
11. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
12. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions might affect the respiratory system or skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.