ABAP Consultant - Anywhere in the US
- Burlington, Burlington, MA, United States
attune is considered the premier, global SAP solution provider to the fashion and lifestyle industries, and is the preferred resource for leading edge, proprietary products and services that transform wholesale and retail businesses. A trusted advisor to both global brands and brands that are preparing to expand into the global marketplace, attune has an established reputation for connecting people, processes and technology to make great fashion and lifestyle companies greater.
Your Success is our Success!
Our Consultants/Employees are renowned for their technical expertise and their dedication to their customer’s needs. We are set for further expansion and are seeking Consultants to join our Team.
The ABAP Consultant role performs complex ABAP programming, design, testing, and debugging work related to the implementation, enhancement, and support of SAP modules.
- Complete all tasks within the development methodology in the areas of data conversion, interfaces, reports, and custom development.
- Evaluate functional specifications and the ability to translate business processes into technical requirements.
- Define detailed technical specifications for interfaces, reports, and custom development.
- Analyze, design, construct, and test ABAP programs.
- Use desktop software to facilitate systems design tasks.
- Transport all necessary SAP objects to appropriate platforms in accordance with the promote-to-production strategy.
- Provide technical leadership to functional staff
- Participate in structured code reviews / walkthroughs.
- Adhere to project standards, policies, and organizational mission - follows quality standards.
- Anticipates, identify, troubleshoot, and resolves development issues.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and project team work.
- Consistently provides accurate and detailed work effort and time estimates.
- Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision.
- Develop test plan and document test results.
- Participate in development of implementation strategies.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Proficient in ABAP development
- 3-5 years ‘experience as an ABAP developer, AFS experience a must
- Experience working with FICO, SD, and MM SAP data objects
- Must be deadline driven and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must have the leadership ability to communicate and be comfortable with business users; to understand business requirements, frame the problem and provide a solution
- Must have the ability to prepare/review ABAP designs and technical specifications, taking into consideration performance requirements and attune’s development standards
- Must have the ability to deliver technical developments that meet attune’s development standards
- Must have the ability to unit test developments, both positive and negative, and ensure that the technical specifications are met
- Has the ability to accurately estimate their work and manage their own work packages to meet the work deadlines
- Able to see the big picture in providing a solution, taking into consideration the impact to SAP, non- SAP systems, and business process impacts
- Must have knowledge of project implementation methodologies and have the ability to lead the ABAP team in the methodologies
- To be recognized as a trusted advisor within the ABAP area by the customer
- Has a BS in Computer Science or equal
- ABAP Certification a plus
- Customer service and support mindset, ideally with prior customer support/service experience
- Significant technology solution experience, including with SAP, ideally SAP AFS, including requirements, implementations, testing, etc.
- Strong leadership & organizational skills
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- May be asked to mentor consultants at a lower level
- Must be comfortable working in a multicultural, diverse environment.
- The desire to embrace the attune life culture with respect to the heritage, DNA and core values of a world class company.
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international
In return we offer a competitive salary package and an exciting multicultural work environment with plenty of opportunities for local and international career development.
If you think you have what it takes to transform the business of style, we’d like to hear from you.
For more information, click here: www.attuneconsulting.com/en/careers
Please attach your complete application including your gross USD salary requirement and possible start date.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
attune is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital statu