Senior Data Analyst
- 40 Exchange Pl, New York, NY 10005, USA
What’s your favorite small business? The dog walker, corner bakery, dry cleaner down the block? We each rely on those businesses because they take care of us. At Attune, we look out for them.
Running a small business is hard. Getting insurance for your small business is even harder. It takes forever, the process is antiquated, and one wrong decision can be disastrous.
At Attune, we’re changing small business insurance in a big way.
At the forefront of the insurtech industry, we are rebuilding small business’s access to insurance from scratch, making it instant, easy, and safe. How? Instead of requiring that a business answers hundreds of questions (seriously), our sophisticated platform aggregates the necessary data from different sources, and then uses incredibly advanced analytics to create tailored products that can be delivered in mere minutes, not days or weeks.
We are at the beginning of our journey and are looking for innovators who are curious and excited to drive change.
Backed by Two Sigma, AIG, and Hamilton Insurance Group, we have the horsepower and partners to make a big impact. Unlike other start-ups, Attune has the funding, expertise, and support to modernize and move quickly. If you are energized by making the complex, simple; the time consuming, easy; and the antiquated, tech-enabled, we want you on our team.
Disrupting an industry through data, technology and speed isn't easy – but the challenges we’ll tackle together are some of the most rewarding you’ll experience in your career.
You will join a growing analytics team in supporting Attune’s leadership in making strategic decisions by means of creating, visualizing and communicating the key metrics that impact the business. You will partner with the product, revenue and underwriting functions within Attune in understanding and quantifying the performance of key initiatives, distribution channels and products.
- Understanding conversion through our sales funnel and what trends and dynamics are impacting its efficacy (Who is buying what kinds of insurance? Is this changing over time? Why?)
- Understanding the makeup of the portfolio of small businesses we insure and what facets and behaviors of those small businesses drive their performance
- Working with the rest of the analytics team on data systems architecture with a view to data consistency and robustness
- Assisting management with quick analyses to validate and invalidate hypotheses as well as a variety of ad-hoc reporting for dissemination internally and to the board
- Helping to analyze the value of strategic partnerships and setting up financial metrics (e.g cost-per-quote) as part of the deal making process
- Being a subject matter expert with reporting and quick analysis tools and being a guide to others in the organization to reach a level of self sufficiency
- 5+ years experience working in an analytics or data focused role, preferably within a smaller to medium sized organization. You are responsible for data quality and reporting, representing insights to stakeholders, and providing thought leadership on data and analytics best practices in your current role.
- Proficiency with common data reporting tools and languages, including fluency with SQL, a working knowledge of Python, and expertise in data visualization platforms such as Tableau or Looker.
- Relevant work experience creating and managing reporting and monitoring for a product, line of business or program, including both a deep understanding of the underlying data structures and communication to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or a closely related quantitative field
Traits for success:
- You communicate clearly and take a user-centric approach to creating reports and visualizations, i.e., you can anticipate the proficiency and interpretation of the consumers of your reports.
- You are quick with numbers and back-of-the-envelope calculations.
- You can smell-check numbers in reports, and have a good memory for reference numbers (e.g. last quarter's sales, daily application volume).
- You are excited to work with programmers and data scientists to constantly improve the integrity and automation of your work.
- You are well organized and can handle many unrelated requests without losing track of them.
- You can use software to organize your activities when needed.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a hands-on problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity and loves a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are capable of building relationships to drive success.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to change the small business landscape.
- A great working environment that lives continuous improvement and encourages sharing ideas and taking risks to find better ways of doing things.
- A culture that promotes great relationships both inside the office and outside through activities in our community and company sponsored intramural clubs and events.
- Equity compensation.
- Medical, dental, and vision from day one and 401(k) matching.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
Attune Insurance Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.