Senior HR Business Partner
- 40 Exchange Pl, New York, NY 10005, USA
Running a small business is hard. Getting insurance for your small business is even harder. It takes forever, the process is antiquated, and one wrong decision can be disastrous.
At Attune, we’re changing small business insurance in a big way.
At the forefront of the insurtech industry, we are rebuilding small business’s access to insurance from scratch, making it instant, easy, and safe. How? Instead of requiring that a business answers hundreds of questions (seriously), our sophisticated platform aggregates the necessary data from different sources, and then uses incredibly advanced analytics to create tailored products that can be delivered in mere minutes, not days or weeks.
We are at the beginning of our journey and are looking for innovators who are curious and excited to drive change.
Backed by Two Sigma, AIG, and Hamilton Insurance Group, we have the horsepower and partners to make a big impact. Unlike other start-ups, Attune has the funding, expertise, and support to modernize and move quickly. If you are energized by making the complex, simple; the time consuming, easy; and the antiquated, tech-enabled, we want you on our team.
Disrupting an industry through data, technology and speed isn't easy – but the challenges we’ll tackle together are some of the most rewarding you’ll experience in your career.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Attune.
- Meet with key leaders and managers across the organization to understand their people needs.
- Learn about the company’s key metrics and goals.
- Learn about the roles and priorities of key stakeholders across the company.
In the first month you will:
- Get up to speed on all people related programs and guidelines. Identify any policy gaps and put together a project plan to remediate those policy gaps.
- Evaluate Attune’s employee onboarding program and put together a strategy and implementation plan to enhance the onboarding experience for employees to help them ramp faster, acclimate the Attune culture, and have a clear understanding of our company values and strategic vision.
- Meet with employees across all levels of the organization to understand their role, their challenges, and how the People organization can help them reach their career goals.
- Gain fluency in all of Attune’s benefit offerings, meet with the vendors, and partner with the Finance team on running the payroll process.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Build trusting relationships with Attune’s Employees, Managers and Senior Leaders as a thought partner and problem solver on talent related matters.
- Lead the annual benefit renewal process and recommend go-forward approach taking into consideration feedback from internal stakeholders, market research, and cost analysis
- Research, plan and launch a company-wide recognition program that reinforces Attune’s company values and increases employee engagement.
- Plan and manage Attune’s twice a year performance management and talent review process. Act as a thought partner to managers and senior leaders in the organization as they evaluate their current talent.
- Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition lead to develop an external award and employment brand strategy
Day to Date Responsibilities:
- Foster strong employee relations; identify, communicate, and resolve people issues quickly and effectively. Drive high employee engagement.
- Liaise with external payroll & benefits provider to ensure optimal service and resources for Attune Employees
- Provide guidance and input on organizational structure, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Own our performance management and talent review process.
- Serve as an advisor to managers and senior leaders for complex talent issues, job leveling, compensation, and employee career development
- Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of People programs.
- Participate in compensation strategy and planning, including headcount forecasting and strategic scenario analysis
- Support Attune’s Inclusion and Diversity efforts in partnership with other employees and leaders
- Work with the leadership team to roll out important company-wide communications
- Bachelor’s degree or PHR or SPHR/SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or equivalent certification desired
- 7-10 years of Human Resource Business Partner experience
- Experience in managing multi-state employee populations
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting, synthesizing data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues
- Successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships and being a trusted advisor at all levels of the organization
- A belief in the power of a diverse workforce and a track record of ensuring an organization has a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Effectively copes with change, shift gears comfortably, and can decide and act without having the total picture
- Experience and knowledge of all areas of employee compensation, payroll, equity compensation, including payroll taxes and 401(k) administration
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to change the small business landscape.
- A great working environment that lives continuous improvement and encourages sharing ideas and taking risks to find better ways of doing things.
- A culture that promotes great relationships both inside the office and outside through activities in our community and company sponsored intramural clubs and events.
- Equity compensation.
- Medical, dental, and vision from day one and 401(k) matching.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
Attune Insurance Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.