- 40 Exchange Pl, New York, NY 10005, USA
Running a small business is hard. Getting insurance for your small business is even harder. It takes forever, the process is antiquated, and one wrong decision can be disastrous.
At Attune, we’re changing small business insurance in a big way.
At the forefront of the insuretech industry, we are rebuilding small business’s access to insurance from scratch, making it instant, easy, and safe. How? Instead of requiring that a business answers hundreds of questions (seriously), our sophisticated platform aggregates the necessary data from different sources, and then uses incredibly advanced analytics to create tailored products that can be delivered in mere minutes, not days or weeks.
We are at the beginning of our journey and are looking for innovators who are curious and excited to drive change.
Backed by Two Sigma, AIG, and Hamilton Insurance Group, we have the horsepower and partners to make a big impact. Unlike other start-ups, Attune has the funding, expertise, and support to modernize and move quickly. If you are energized by making the complex, simple; the time consuming, easy; and the antiquated, tech-enabled, we want you on our team.
Disrupting an industry through data, technology and speed isn't easy – but the challenges we’ll tackle together are some of the most rewarding you’ll experience in your career.
As Attune's Underwriting Analyst, you will work directly with our Head of Underwriting Strategy, and partner with our Underwriting, Actuarial, and Analytics teams, to manage the profitability of a growing SME Property and Casualty portfolio.
- Develop methodology and practices to analyze loss performance causes and trends in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate regularly with Underwriting, Analytics and Actuarial to drive profitability based on data-enabled decisions
- Assist with business cases focused on industry verticals across multiple lines of business
- Contribute to short and long-term profitability goal setting for individual industry verticals as well as the overall portfolio
- Collaborate with Underwriting and Analytics to find and implement relevant data sources to improve eligibility and pricing effectiveness
- Develop and utilize profitability dashboards effectively
- You have 7+ years of experience in property & casualty insurance underwriting analytics, with industry class expertise (e.g., habitational, office, retail, etc)
- Proven experience in conducting cause/effect loss analysis relevant to commercial insurance claims
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Additional certifications that exemplify a desire for continued education is a plus
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to change the small business landscape.
- A great working environment that lives continuous improvement and encourages sharing ideas and taking risks to find better ways of doing things.
- A culture that promotes great relationships both inside the office and outside through activities in our community and company sponsored intramural clubs and events.
- Equity compensation.
- Medical, dental, and vision from day one and 401(k) matching.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
Attune Insurance Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.