- 40 Exchange Pl, New York, NY 10005, USA
Running a small business is hard. Getting insurance for your small business is even harder. It takes forever, the process is antiquated, and one wrong decision can be disastrous.
At Attune, we’re changing small business insurance in a big way.
At the forefront of the insuretech industry, we are rebuilding small business’s access to insurance from scratch, making it instant, easy, and safe. How? Instead of requiring that a business answers hundreds of questions (seriously), our sophisticated platform aggregates the necessary data from different sources, and then uses incredibly advanced analytics to create tailored products that can be delivered in mere minutes, not days or weeks.
We are at the beginning of our journey and are looking for innovators who are curious and excited to drive change.
Backed by Two Sigma, AIG, and Hamilton Insurance Group, we have the horsepower and partners to make a big impact. Unlike other start-ups, Attune has the funding, expertise, and support to modernize and move quickly. If you are energized by making the complex, simple; the time consuming, easy; and the antiquated, tech-enabled, we want you on our team.
Disrupting an industry through data, technology and speed isn't easy – but the challenges we’ll tackle together are some of the most rewarding you’ll experience in your career.
As an accounting associate at Attune, you’ll be part of our small and nimble Finance team, the backbone to daily operations at the company. You’ll keep the team and company up-to-date with expenses and revenues, and help implement various accounting processes as we continue to scale and grow our business.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Learn about Attune’s impact on the market and how we are innovating in an industry set for disruption.
- Start to become familiar with our general ledger, billing system, and our banking platform.
- Introduce yourself and meet with cross-functional peers around the Attune team to learn how their teams work, begin to develop relationships with Finance counterparts, and identify ways you can have a positive impact.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Learn and begin to own the accounts payable process ensuring payables are recorded and paid timely.
- Become proficient in our GL, billing system, and banking platforms.
- Become familiar with all aspects of Attune’s T&E process, including tracking and analyzing our employee T&E submissions and reconciling all bank activity.
- Perform bank reconciliations and begin to own the reconciliation process for all of our accounts to ensure all cash activity has been recorded. Look for ways to leverage our ledger capabilities to further automate process.
- Handle the outgoing commission payments from our legacy billing system and our current billing system.
- Work closely with our customer care team to assist with billing-related questions from customers.
- Prepare and send timely reports and payments to our insurance carrier partners for settlement of premium transactions.
- Work closely with team members and IT to develop dashboard reporting functionality (such as: aging reports, “as of” balance reports for payables and receivables, expected future cash flows based on invoice due dates, etc).
- Assist in running ad-hoc reports and compiling monthly expense files.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Own the commission payment process, including reconciliations and working directly with brokers.
- Drive the 1099 reporting process related to broker and vendor payments. Continuous review and improvement upon the on-boarding of new brokers/vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of audit support for external auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of various financial schedules that will help make financial and strategic decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- 1-3 years of experience - some public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- You have a high level of customer orientation, are a natural problem solver, and are comfortable handling complex customer and process/system issues.
- You possess an appetite to learn about commercial insurance and help redefine an industry.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- You embrace emerging technology.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to change the small business landscape.
- A great working environment that lives continuous improvement and encourages sharing ideas and taking risks to find better ways of doing things.
- A culture that promotes great relationships both inside the office and outside through activities in our community and company sponsored intramural clubs and events.
- Equity compensation.
- Medical and 401(k) matching from day one.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
Attune Insurance Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.