- 275 Grove St, Newton, Massachusetts, us
Attivio is the leading cognitive search & insight company, a recognized leader by both Gartner and Forrester and voted one of the best Big Data and Machine Learning companies to work for in 2018. Our mission is to put search at the core of every enterprise. Fortune 500 companies rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improved business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading machine learning, natural language processing, and text analytics capabilities to solve business problems such as improving satisfaction in customer support, reducing risk in Financial Services, and increasing employee productivity.
Our benefits include: Premium health, dental and vision insurance, unlimited paid time off, 401K match, parental leave, tuition reimbursement & more. We are located in Newton, Ma on the Green Line and offer free parking.
We are seeking a passionate, product-focused hands-on Architect who thrives on delivering exceptional results and delighting customers.
As an Architect you will be responsible for:
- Architecting innovative solutions to improve the performance, security and availability of Attivio’s search platform and coordinating design efforts
- Communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale and be an outward facing technical expert
- Documenting detailed technical specifications
- Participating in the design, development, testing and releasing of new features
- Advising and assisting team members in technical decisions
- Working in a highly cross-functional capacity, partnering with product management, QA, technical writers, and service delivery professionals.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of BSCS (or BSCE)
- 10+ years’ experience in Java development
- 7+ years’ experience with design and development of enterprise grade platform
- 3+ years’ experience with Hadoop ecosystem.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science or relate field with a focus on distributed systems, system architecture and security
- Proven ability to make solid, independent technical decisions for high performance, low resource server software
- Experience with highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with Search engines
- Understanding of Agile software methodology
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results oriented team
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Having prior technical or team leadership experience is highly desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.