Productivity Engineer (Developer Experience Engineer)
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
Atollogy's mission is to make operational excellence easy and accessible for manufacturers of all shapes and sizes. Atollogy’s proprietary algorithms and capabilities are revolutionizing how companies manage operations by integrating the physical world with artificial intelligence. Our team of Atollogists has more than 100 years of combined manufacturing industry experience with diverse and unique backgrounds.
If you are passionate about building IoT-based big data solutions for enterprises and are looking to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup, then look no further than Atollogy!
In this role, you will empower engineers to develop and deliver Atollogy solutions with the highest efficiency and quality. We are passionate about building comprehensive solutions and automated tools that facilitate the entire development lifecycle.
- Automate a manual verification process for product release candidates so developers have more time to respond to potential release-blocking issues.
- Design and implement an automated way to track and surface software defects to developers, so that they know immediately when a new feature will cause regressions.
- Quantify if a regenerated data set used by a product, which contains a billion entities, is better quality than the data set currently live in production.
- Write an automated test suite that validates if content presented to a user is of an acceptable quality level based on simple patterns.
- Read an engineering design proposal for a new feature and provide suggestions about how and where to build in testability.
- Investigate correlated stack traces submitted by users through our feedback tracking system, and search the code base to find the correct owner for escalation.
- Collaborate on determining the root cause of a production outage, then pinpoint tests that need to be added to prevent similar outages in the future.
- Organize a task force to advise teams across the company about best practices when testing for accessibility.
- 3+ years experience with automating systems and environment deployments using tools such as Jenkins, Git, Jira, and release automation tooling.
- Knowledge of REST APIs to expose functionalities of a given system.
- Proven Object Oriented Programming experience, preferably with 3+ years of experience in Python/JavsScript
- Proficiency with the AWS or GCP ecosystem
- Experience with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres, MongoDB is a huge plus
- Strong understanding of static code analysis, unit testing, and test-driven development to produce high-quality code
- Proficiency with Linux internals
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are important in our dynamic environment
- Good understanding of container technology and experience working with Docker and Kubernetes is an additional plus
- BSCS required, MSCS or equivalent preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.