Senior Product Designer
- Mountain View, California
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (JIRA, HipChat, Confluence, Bitbucket, and now - Trello, to name a few.). We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavouring to make Atlassian products essential for all Teams. We're growing our global design organization and searching for passionate, talented designers to help us.
As a Senior Product Designer at Atlassian, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Make a substantial impact, at scale. Many successful organizations (like NASA, LinkedIn, and Twitter) rely on Atlassian products to do their work. As a Designer involved in everything from ground floor product strategy to UI implementation, your work will have incredible reach.
- Tackle interesting, complex problems. Working closely with your engineering and product management triad, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just design individual features, you'll have the opportunity to define the end-to-end experience of an exciting and critical area of our product suite.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. Day-to-day you'll work on a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Writers, Researchers, and QA Engineers to ship great work.
- Be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in line with one of our core values, ("Don't F the Customer") are on a mission to become an experience-led company, making our products usable for all Teams.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to have:
- 5+ years of hands-on professional crafting user experiences for enterprise software/services
- Deep experience working across complex design systems that span multiple products
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Interest in being a self-starter with your eye constantly on solutions: you are someone who can easily step into the customer's shoes with enthusiasm to craft magical experiences
More about our team:
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete user experience, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. We're highly engaged and direct, helping each other to constantly improve our work and do the best work of our lives. We're dedicated to Agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). It's all about improving our user's experience, no matter who or where it is.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.