Senior Designer, Confluence
- Mountain View, California
Atlassian and Confluence have landed in Mountain View!
Join our brand new, fast-growing office in Mountain View as a Product Designer for one of our flagship products, Confluence. More than half of Fortune 100 companies use Confluence to connect people with the content they need to get their jobs done, faster. Join us as we unleash the power of teams all over the globe.
As one of our first Product Designers on Confluence in Mountain View, you will:
- Be a founding member of the team: As one of the first Designers to land in Mountain View, you'll have the opportunity to shape and influence the local design culture.
- Have profound impact on the Confluence product: At Atlassian, Designers work on a small, tight-knit team alongside product managers and engineers, and are involved in the entire end-to-end design process: from early stage research and ideation, to implementation and continuing iteration.
- Influence the user experience of a product used by millions of people as they do critical work (at organizations like NASA, Audi, LinkedIn, GoPro, New Relic, to name a few).
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of professional UX/product design experience
- Excitement for and experience in delivering across the entire design process, not just one aspect such as user research, interaction and visual design
- Ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features
- Deep understanding of and high degree of empathy for the customer experience
- Experience with conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Interest in collaborating closely with developers, designers, and other team members
It'd be great, but it's not required, if you have:
- Experience with SaaS or complex enterprise applications
More about our team
You’ll be joining a team that is smart and direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', which means we don’t do documentation for documentation's sake. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to see if we're right (or wrong). It’s all about improving our user’s experience—no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.