Assistant Community Manager - Timber Ridge Apartments
About Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making a difference.
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 16 hours of Learning Time Off annually
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription, vision, employer HSA contributions, and supplemental health insurance
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
About the Assistant Community Manager role:
The Assistant Community Manager assists the Community Manager in effectively managing the assigned property. In the Community Manager's absence, the Assistant Community Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the property supervisor and the property owner. In addition, the Assistant Community Manager is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits of all other monies. The Assistant Community Manager also conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Promptly updates all rents, deposits, and any other monies received from residents and all other sources. Verifies that all monies received correspond with lease.
- Issues appropriate notice when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Maintains positive resident relations attitude.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Performs all aspects of Leasing Associate’s Job Description, including but not limited to, greeting prospective clients, shows community, and outside marketing, as needed.
- Contacts each Notice-to Vacate and attempts to convert them to a renewal.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction.
- Updates the on-site accounting system for all property activity, including but not limited to leases, notices, move-ins, move-outs, traffic, and demographics.
- Proofreads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or other company officials.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of LIHTC, HUD and Section 8 experience (required)
- 1-year experience in property management (required)
- 1-year experience with Yardi or Yardi Voyager (preferred)
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email (Gmail)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
- Performs duties under pressure and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Works as part of a team and completes assignments independently.
- Takes instructions from supervisors.
- Exercises problem-solving skills.
- Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner. Must learn and comply with all company safety rules.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.