Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ) Submission Consultant
- State Hwy 295, Washington, DC, USA
Athena Technology Group, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) focused on Information Technology and Communications consulting, system engineering, integration, deployment and operation of state of the art command and control and information systems that deliver critical network centric solutions to the warfighter. With a proven track record of technical support to our customers, we are looking for innovative industry professionals to join our team.
We are searching for the right Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ) Submission Consultant to support the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) providing support for the HR Operations Division (HROD). The HROD maintains responsibility for all operational work, serving as the primary focal point for the delivery of core HR services, to include payroll, compensation, recruitment, staffing, position classification, benefits, workforce flexibilities, and on-boarding. The division manages staffing and selection processes for supervisory, management, and executive positions.
The SES ECQ specialist provides direct consultation and writer-editor support to SES candidates developing documentation to be submitted to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Review Board. The specialist evaluates documentation to assess the degree to which the provided information meets OPM requirements, provides editorial reviews and recommendations and rewrites small portions of the documents as needed. Work includes the performance of routine clerical and document management responsibilities.
Minimum Clearance Required
- Background Investigation (TS)
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree desired
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional position
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Analyze draft submissions by Senior Executive Service (SES) candidates prior to submission for Office of Personnel Management Qualifications Review Board certification to ensure content adequately supports listed ECQs.
· Provide editorial guidance and assist in editing and proofreading submissions, to include reorganizing and formatting drafts, rewriting small sections, and providing writing assistance.
· Diplomatically coach and aid candidates in determining work experience and accomplishments that best support SES ECQs.
· Apply ATF and OPM guidelines for formatting and structuring submissions.
· Provide a high level of customer service via telephone and email correspondence ensuring complete, well-written SES candidate submissions and that the image of the branch is upheld or strengthened as a result of the positive nature of the contact.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience developing detailed formal reports for submission to supervision; facilitating collaborative workshops; providing telephone support; and providing briefings and presentations.
· Experience shall be such that they are considered an expert in their field, can assess expertise-related problems and recommend viable solutions, and can work independently on assignments with minimal guidance or oversight.
· Proficient in the use of Windows-based computer platforms (most recent version of Microsoft Windows and all preceding versions) and have experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Most recent version and all preceding versions).
Athena Technology Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.