Classification Management Support (Senior)
- State Hwy 295, Washington, DC, USA
Athena Technology Group, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) focused on Information Technology and Communications consulting, system engineering, integration, deployment and operation of state of the art command and control and information systems that deliver critical network centric solutions to the warfighter. With a proven track record of technical support to our customers, we are looking for innovative industry professionals to join our team.
We are searching for the right Senior Classification Management Support Specialist to support the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) providing HR support tothe HR Operations Division (HROD). The HROD maintains responsibility for all HR operational work, serving as the primary focal point for the delivery of core HR services, to include payroll, compensation, recruitment, staffing, position classification, benefits, workforce flexibilities, and on-boarding. The division manages staffing and selection processes for supervisory, management, and executive positions. The division's orientation is operational and focused on day-to-day processes associated with recruiting talent and maintaining the existing workforce. The following HROD branch offices shall be directly supported through this task order; however, future task orders
An expert in Federal position classification, the specialist will provide support that includes developing position descriptions, determining position classifications, managing classification appeals, conducting desk audits, and developing policy and standard operating procedures related to position classification management.
Minimum Clearance Required
- Background Investigation (TS)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of applied experience specific to Federal position classification
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Senior Classification Management Support Specialist shall provide the following service tasks for this support category at the senior specialist skill levels:
· Respond to difficult issues involving complex projects/problems regarding classification that require expert advice and/or authoritative policy interpretations.
· Provide recommendations on the impact of significant position classification problems or issues that may involve a single organizational element or an entire division.
· Contribute to the design, standardization and streamlining of initiatives to reengineer or improve agency-wide functional processes related to classification management policies, standard operating procedures and automated systems.
· Assist ATF supervision and management with the development of position descriptions to meet organizational needs and classification requirements.
· Conduct and fully complete legal review, designation, approval and certification processing for classification requests.
· Maintain documentation of classification records, manuals, files, position descriptions and other supporting papers.
· Develop standard position descriptions and/or guides covering major job groups within the ATF population to establish and maintain position uniformity and consistency.
· Conduct and document desk audits to determine the accuracy of position descriptions and the appropriateness of existing position classifications.
· Provide information and interpretations of the agency's position management and classification procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines.
· Provide technical advice on classification program improvement, review policies to evaluate effectiveness of current policy/practices or develop same to ensure consistency within the agency.
· Document and summarize results of studies and assessments and prepare reports and presentations suitable for presentation to management.
· Develop job aids, briefings, and training to improve efficiency and enhance awareness on a variety of position classification management topics.
· Provide briefings or formal instruction on position and classification management to ATF personnel.
· Prepare routine reports related to the status of work output, progress on special projects, or the results of assessments or studies.
· Perform routine and repetitive document management and clerical duties for all aspects of assigned work functions.
· Utilize a computer-based human resources information system (HRIS) to document work output, process administrative functions, and run reports.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience developing detailed formal reports for submission to supervision; facilitating collaborative workshops; providing telephone support; and providing briefings and presentations.
· Experience shall be such that they are considered an expert in their field, can assess expertise-related problems and recommend viable solutions, and can work independently on assignments with minimal guidance or oversight.
· Proficient in the use of Windows-based computer platforms (most recent version of Microsoft Windows and all preceding versions) and have experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Most recent version and all preceding versions).
Athena Technology Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.