Software Designer (IBM Datapower/WMB/IIB)
- Downing St, London SW1, UK
Location : Edinburgh or London
Type of role : Contract 6 Months
Key responsibilities :
Position is with a team, not as individual
· To ensure consistency of technology usage across a programme, by continuously reviewing existing toolsets and code, suggesting re-use of components and ensuring the design of new components fit for potential reuse.
· To provide direction on technology use, by performing research into new technologies, liasing with technology providers (including internal), establishing all processes required for the adoption of any new technologies.
· To continuously improve the technical competency of the platform and/or project team, by establishing relevant training, actively mentoring designers/engineers and driving implementation of best practices and adherence to standards
· To ensure decisions related to own area of responsibility are taken promptly and effectively while displaying a mature understanding of commercial awareness.
· Own all design decisions related to the represented technical platform for the project(s) and programme(s).
· Provide technical design inputs to the overall End to End solution and work independently on technical design of project(s) and programme(s) with significant impact on architecture and design.
· Provide inputs to Programme/Project Manager for project/programme estimates.
· Provide inputs to Programme/Project Manager for preparing and maintaining the development process, practices and standards for the project/programmes.
· Ensure technology platform conforms to technical architectures, platform strategies, policies, design and operational principles.
· Enhance technical competencies of delivery teams by working as a mentor
· Provide technology platform fitment options during pre-define phase of the work stream
· Contributes to creation of technical standards and guidelines and reusable frameworks for relevant technology platform.
· Architectural POC of solution to identify solution implications.
· Provide a view on the suitability/applicability around functional and non-functional requirements of the technology platform to the wider design will fulfill the requirement. Contribute to the development methodology and tooling, helping teams deliver within the project and usage of the available tooling
· Represents the assigned project in various technical governance forums/bodies for compliance with Technology standards, architectures and strategies.
Key Skills/Knowledge: Essential:
Over 6 years of experience in system Design and development involving ESB technologies
Hands on experience in leading design & build for a middleware platform for at least 2 large implementations.
Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Proficient in estimation techniques.
Experience of analysis and verification of User Requirement Documentation, Functional Specification and Technical Design Specification
To produce accurate estimates for development of software by understanding the technical specification and providing development efforts
The ability to analyse various quality dimensions including performance, reliability and resilience, and design and implement improvements to meet them
To ensure code is maintainable and coded with attention to robustness, performance, stability, scalability and testability.
Be able to design and code on IBM Datapower, IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR) and IBM WebSphere MQ
Good working experience in building and testing Web-Services
Proficient in SOA Reference Architecture
Awareness about architecture frameworks like Zachman, TOGAF etc.
Experience in building Integration services in Websphere Message Broker / IBM Integration Bus / IBM ACE Technologies.
Experience around Automating standard delivery processes especially using scripting language e.g. Java, Python etc.
Experience in implementing or using CI/CD pipeline
Experience around integration / working with monitoring tools and technologies like Splunk, Introscope, DX APM etc.
Banking domain knowledge
Understanding of Change and Configuration Management principles
Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
Good understanding of the Infrastructure Design Process
Experience of CICS Webservices would be an added advantage
Experience of Agile Scrum delivery
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.