DevOps - Release Specialist
- 565 Rue de la Commune O, Montréal, QC H3C 5X5, Canada
At Astucemedia we specialize in Data Driven Graphics: augmented reality, video walls, virtual sets, interactive graphics, screen overlays for television & digital platforms and real-time data integration. We tackle whatever it takes to to produce top-of-the-line visual packages for our clients, from the creative design, custom software, on-site integration to everything in between.
Our team has established itself as a leader in finance, sports and elections with broadcasters around the world, powered by our custom data management platform. We are honoured that our clients such as Disney/ABC News, NBC Universal, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, NFL Network, BNN Bloomberg, CBC, Sky News Arabia, Al Arabiya, Dubai TV, The Media Majlis Museum, Yahoo Finance rely on our expertise and commitment to deliver immersive experiences for Times Square, TV networks, sports venues, and museums.
We are eager to welcome to our team creative problem solvers with innovative ideas.
- Coordinate software releases with project stakeholders & customers.
- Deploy software updates across internal staging and client production environments.
- Devise and maintain software deployment strategies (automation).
- Administration of cloud services to support development activities.
- Administration of Windows Server failover clusters.
- Implementation of application monitoring solutions.
- SQL server deployment and maintenance.
- Be the champion of database migration strategies.
- Contribute to technical documentation.
- Hands-on with software testing strategies.
Note: This job is based in Montréal, Canada.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in computer science.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with 2 out of 3: cloud solutions, continuous integration tools, writing PowerShell/Bash scripts
- Experience with some of the tools we use: AWS, Team City, MsSQL, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, GitKraken, Windows Server, Failover Clusters
- A good knowledge of SQL and at least one DBMS.
- Have previously deployed, managed or custom-built application monitoring solutions/dashboards.
To be successful in our fast-paced environment, you will need fantastic communication skills and be able to work independently with confidence. Our team needs someone multifaceted that can read between the lines with clever problem solving skills as we expect you to assume ownership of the domain. Mastering system deployments and workflow diagrams is essential; to you it comes naturally. We are excited to bring on someone that can champion the role with enthusiasm.
- A great fit with our company vision and values
- Entrepreneurial and leadership qualities
- Experience with Broadcast design or interactive media
- Good understanding of real-time graphics (Unity, Unreal, Ventuz, Vizrt, Ross/Xpression)
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive salary
- RRSP matching
- Travel premiums
- Annual performance bonus
- Regular team activities
- Startup vibe (casual dress code, espresso machine, Foosball and gadgets)
- Located in the heart of Old Montreal
- International opportunities