Hardware Support Technician
- Mountain View, CA
Astreya HST’s play a pivotal role with one of our marquee clients. The program offers highly agile, resilient and scalable services to the creators of programmable self-learning, sensor-driven, Wi-Fi-enabled thermostats, smoke detectors, and other security systems. You will be working with the creators of the future!
HST’s provide procurement, inventory management, asset management, distribution and logistics services for pre-market consumer electronics across the globe. HST’s also provide technical assistance to ensure the products are getting shipped with the right image. You will be working with cutting edge technology and pre-market consumer electronics.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Inventory and asset management including receipt and disposition of hardware
- Documents all defects of pre-Mass Production hardware and / or software
- Perform Hardware reworks (e.g., swapping out boards/chips, removing write-protect screws, etc.)
- Perform Software reworks (e.g., imaging devices to different builds; wipe data, rewrite system Hardware ID’s, etc.)
- Perform servo flashing, firmware upgrade, flashing unsigned images
- Resolving support tickets on device issues
- Provide technical support during events (travel often required)
- You can allocate tasks/responsibilities to other technicians and ensure that tasks are completed on time, escalating when required
- You are IT savvy and interested in new technologies
- You have inventory experience and are comfortable in an IT inventory environment
- You are comfortable with command line in Linux and are capable of following technical instructions to flash drives, image devices and re-write hardware IDs
- You have a strong work ethic
- You are a good communicator in both written and verbal English
- You are able to work in a team but with minimal supervision
- You focus on providing an outstanding user experience
- You excel in a fast paced work environment.
- You have the ability to learn new things and adapt to a changing environment quickly
- You are well organized and can identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Data and Excel experience is a plus
- You have at least 1 - 3 Years IT experience
- You may come from a customer experience background
- Past business operations experience is required - this is a highly professional environment
- You have experience with IT inventory
- You are comfortable and excel in a technical environment
- Completion of this online IT Support Professional Certificate preferred but not required
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the way
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful, actionable feedback
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership and care
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from within.
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.