Data Center Technician 4
- Salt Lake City, UT
The Data Center Technician 4 is able to perform any task Data Center Technicians perform without supervision, and is able to coordinate projects within the Data Center team.
The Data Center Technician 4 installs, moves, and de-commissions hardware including cabinets, data storage shelves, power strips, rails, fiber and UTP cables and cable management, switches, routers, firewalls, and other devices in the Data Center. The technician will label devices, rack and cables. The technician will work in a standard ticketing system, providing clear, timely, and appropriate customer communications.
The technician performs these activities under the direction of the Site Leadership Team (Lead Technicians, Operations Supervisor and/or Operations Manager) and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Program Policies, Safety Policies, and Security Policies, while meeting requirements for quality and quantity of work.
The technician is responsible for the data integrity of all assets on the Data Center floor. The technician responds to trouble-shooting situations within the Data Center and must be willing to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment
- Able to safely lift and move a minimum of fifty (50) pounds
- High level of written and oral fluency in English
- Must provide own transportation to work locations
- Able to update asset management data as required by customer
- Can effectively utilize ticket management systems
- Able to Install/De-Install/Maintain servers, switches, routers, firewalls, storage and other hardware
- Familiar with RFID asset management
- Proficient in testing fiber and fiber optics.
- Must be knowledgeable in data cleansing (scrubbing)
- Able to cable systems (power/copper/fiber/other) correctly based on ticket requirements and SOP standards
- Can communicate effectively in tickets and emails, to customers, management, and peers
- Must work effectively with other data center staff and customers
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have good organization skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills for working in a team environment.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Delivers a good quantity/quality of work
- Able to prioritize and adapt to changing conditions or circumstances.
- Able to operate material handling equipment – server lifts, pallet jacks, and forklifts (if certified)
- Proficiency working with standard desktop PC tools and applications such as MS Office, MS Outlook, web browsers, etc.
- Must be able to train/mentor other technicians
- Knowable in Networking and SAN concepts and equipment.
- Able to contribute to authoring and maintenance of SOP documentation
- Knowledgeable in replacing computer drives and memory and other minor equipment support.
- Must have valid Passport and ability to travel around the world.
Your experience and qualifications:
- 7+ years Rack and Stack experience (or able to demonstrate abilities consistent with)
- Be proficient in installing, testing, and troubleshooting all fiber types and UTP.
- Be proficient in the use of UTP and fiber test equipment (power meter, vfl, Fluke or other brands of test equipment)
- Strong working knowledge of one or more ticketing systems. Service Now or Remedy preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware
- Working knowledge of networking components and infrastructures
- Knowledgeable in Data center practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
- Expert cable management skills and experience running fiber and copper in a data center.
- Knowledgeable in proper fiber installation. Know proper bend radius, acceptable db loss, power levels, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Data-Center electrical, HVAC, and network infrastructures as well as fiber/copper topologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certifications in Data Center technologies are desired
- Basic project management experience preferred
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast-growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the way
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful, actionable feedback
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership and care
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from within.
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.