Manager, Talent Management
- San Jose, CA, United States
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet. We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service. With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world's most recognizable and innovative organizations.
The Talent Management Leader at Astreya is responsible for career management, performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, and workforce planning. We’re looking for a Talent Management Leader to drive and lead key talent management initiatives. Initial projects will include revamping of our talent review process, transforming our performance management strategy, and developing a framework for career pathing, leadership competency and succession planning.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to deepen their talent management expertise and has a desire to grow as a talent management leader. The ideal candidate is an accomplished, hands-on and collaborative leader who has experience working with managers and leaders at all levels, and a proven record of accomplishment in building and implementing a progressive talent management strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and define the roadmap for the coming years.
You will directly partner with the VP of Talent and Culture, Human Resources and Talent Acquisition leaders, as well as leaders across all facets of the organization.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Apply talent management expertise to the development, design and implementation of new talent management programs and processes at Astreya, and contribute to longer-term talent management roadmap
- Lead talent management projects and initiatives from planning to delivery. Develop processes and tools to help leaders more effectively select, promote, develop, manage and reward talent
- Lead and facilitate the annual talent review and progression planning process with HR ensuring all resources (calendar, tools, policy documents) are in place to support the programs
- Identify, develop and track key talent management metrics and prepare regular reports for review by senior leadership to measure success of key talent initiatives
- Act as a change agent and effectively utilize change management methodologies when deploying solutions and processes. Develop training plans and resources for global employees, managers, and HR partners
- Assess and identify development opportunities and training needs and determine priorities across the employees’ lifecycle, from onboarding to promotions and beyond through collaboration with key stakeholders, including HR
- Coach, facilitate, and train, formally and informally, across a variety of topics (i.e. management, feedback, change) and in many different situations such as individual/group, workshops, webinars, and more
- Lead a team of one talent management specialist and one compensation/job architecture analyst
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve current process as well as build a model that will talent management programs administered within Workday (performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, and development planning, etc.) to support identifying and developing internal talent to fill key roles
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional partners across the HR team and with stakeholders and leaders across Astreya
- Partner with HR partners to execute talent management programs; gather feedback and data to change the process and make enhancements as needed
- Lead and facilitate the annual talent review and progression planning process with HR and Delivery
- Explore new avenues for career pathing, mobility and employee mentorship opportunities
- Identify organizational capability gaps and make recommendations
- Partner with pipeline talent programs and HR/Talent Acquisition as a means to increase diversity and inclusion within the workforce
- Serve as a Talent Management subject matter expert
- 5-7+ years experience in talent management and organizational development, along with strengths in competency modeling, career pathing, performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, and/or workforce planning
- Minimum of 3 years leading a team and demonstrated leadership, mentorship, and skill/career development skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related areas
- Demonstrated experience in adult learning, facilitation, needs assessment and measuring the impact of learning programs (Nine box; Star performer)
- Experience working with talent management programs inside of an enterprise HRIS or HCM globally; experience with Workday preferred
- Demonstrated creating and implementing talent management programs from scratch
- Knowledge of regulatory laws that affect employment and general HR practitioner background
- Can-do attitude and ability to be strategic while being hands-on while implementing programs
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects/programs concurrently
- Excellent written,verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills, collaborative, patience, professionalism, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partners cross-functionally with global stakeholders at all levels
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the way
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful, actionable feedback
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership and care
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from within.
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.