Product Lifecycle Management Analyst (PLM)
- San Francisco, CA
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet. We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service. With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world's most recognizable and innovative organizations.
We are searching for a seasoned Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Analyst, to join our global Hardware Operations Team in Mountain View, CA. Our PLM team supports Engineers and Program Managers a wide variety of products including hardware for consumers. We are seeking an experienced candidate who would be able to pick things up rather quickly. Someone with a passion for innovation and engineering, as well as possesses the organizational skills and adaptability to usher projects through the configuration management and product lifecycle phases.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Participate and support in BOM automation projects, develop ad-hoc process flow mapping to highlight areas of opportunity for future-state processes.
- Identify and lead continuous process improvements in the PLM area.
- Reach out, partner, and work across TechOp teams to improve the upstream process and support, perform active stakeholder engagement, understand needs, discuss opportunities for improvement and propose solutions to identified or forecasted issues/roadblocks impacting cross-functional downstream processes.
- Be responsible for PLM system day-to-day activities such as BOM releases and changes to support new production introduction (NPI) as well as sustaining MP TLA setup and changes for L10 and L11 assets (globally) 12 based on input from Integrators, Manufacturing Engineers, and suppliers.
- Manage ad-hoc (legacy) BOM cleanup, BOM update initiatives, and Part Number cleanup.
- Be the leader for PLM standardization and continuous process improvement to support scalability.
- Define processes and workflows to manage the various interactions relative to PLM and datacenter assets.
- Define feature requirements to continually improve custom-developed inventory management tools.
- Maintain accuracy of asset management tool.
- Work with internal teams to provide updates on deliveries, V2 files, transfers, decommissions and RMA. (Finance, Accounting, Audit, DCO, Tax & Legal).
- Work with Suppliers on-boarding them throughout asset management process.
- Execute and track completion of Engineering Change Orders (ECO), Manufacturing Change Orders (MCO), Deviations, and all other Configuration Management activities
- Manage and drive Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) readiness under entrance and exit requirements for all build phases and product lifecycle while working within all internal Universal Part Number (UPN) Document Control Standards
- Research product change impact to ensure that all products affected are identified and any issues resolved prior to the documents being finalized within product documentation management application
- Interface and communicate project status with Engineering, other cross-functional departments and 3rd parties.
- Work with Logistics teams to properly classify parts and assemblies for import and export shipments
- Manage information and applicable supporting documents including, Manufacturing Part Numbers (MPN) specifications, Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) certificates and other applicable attributes for stakeholders from Approved Manufacturer List (AML) and Approved Vendor List (AVL)
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- 8 plus years of experience with relevant degree in related field (preferable B.S. degree) or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain operations, or engineering
- Excellent documentation, writing, organization and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to adapt to rapidly changing development projects
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical team members and customers
- Experience creating part numbers, configuration management, and bill of materials - BOM
- Basic knowledge of materials and components in a production environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail as well as a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently
- Must be able to have some base understanding of eCAD or mCAD components
- No traveling is required.
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the way
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful, actionable feedback
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership and care
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from within
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by la