Reliability Technician (Robotics)
- Mountain View, CA
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet. We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service. With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world's most recognizable and innovative organizations.
Conduct mechanical and environmental testing and manage data to quantify the reliability and performance of products and materials used in a robotic project.
Your main duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and run test equipment, robotic systems, environmental chambers, etc. Keep track of status of various continuous test setups.
- Perform functional checks on samples
- Record, format, report, and analyze data
- Notice and document changes in system (sounds, motion smoothness, cracks or pressure marks)
- Provide timely updates on testing progress.
- Use pre-programmed commands to run robotic systems.
- Create or modify test fixtures (mechanical construction).
- Operate thermal chambers for temperature and humidity testing.
- Document work performed via post test reports.
- Manage lab resources (lab space, equipment).
- Think critically about problems that arise in samples.
- B.S. Degree or 4+ years of work related experience
- High attention to detail, both in tracking and in sample observation
- Project-based experience with some laboratory equipment and troubleshooting (e.g. multimeter, oscilloscope, load cell, DAQ, material test systems, etc.)
- 2-4 years of experience in a testing lab, R&D, or manufacturing with mechanical (some electrical) component / system testing
- Mechanical intuition
- Excellent data analysis and documentation skills
- Involvement in FIRST robotics or similar
- Experience in mechanical prototyping
- Understand the physics behind the mechanical & electrical properties of materials
- Experience using MATLAB, Python, or other programming languages for data analysis, measurement, and/or hardware test.
- Experience using bash and linux commands
Helpful but not required
- Fixture Design Capability
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the way
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful, actionable feedback
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership and care
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from within.
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.