- Zürich, Switzerland
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet. We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service. With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world's most recognizable and innovative organizations.
Astreya Partners is looking for an experienced AVM Technician to join our expanding team onsite with one of our global clients! In this role, you will be given the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative technologies in the world. We are seeking an AVM Technician who can provide support for corporate AV/VC environments, as well as someone who has the ability to confidently and quickly analyze problems using technical diagnostic skill sets, in order to effectively support and resolve issues. Technical responsibilities include high profile event support, audio, video, conferencing technology, projects, maintenance, support. Traveling to our clients various offices on occasion is required.
Your main duties and responsibilities:
- Installation of all AV equipment and displays to include: audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, control systems and all presentation systems.
- Installation of structured cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, RGB, HDMI, DVI and audio cables.
- Ensure that SLAs and daily deliverables are met including ticket updates.
- Upload Crestron control programs to control processors and work with remote program team on control system certification.
- Responsible for all Inventory that includes weekly/monthly stock levels, returning product (RMA) and inventory DOA issues.
- Follow all policies, standards or safety guidelines that client requires.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting of any issue that may arise during an installation.
- Event Support - Perform equipment setups, breakdowns and troubleshoot issues.
- Perform all necessary pre-event checks as required.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams and internal users before and during events.
- Interface with end users and vendors to address requests and requirements.
- Identify and solve issues that impact the Client's conference rooms.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 2-3 Years of relevant work experience
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Impeccable wiring and termination skills as well as proper installation techniques of all AV equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong customer service skills.
- Experience in reading/understanding architecture, electrical, structural & AV systems drawings.
- Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts and travel to support a distant event if required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Sitting, standing, stooping and bending for long or extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to climb ladder, scaffolding or transported by lifts.
- Ability to drive/operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to regularly lift and transport up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and or transport moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
- CTS and or CTS-I Certification
- DMC-T Certification
What can Astreya offer you?
- Working with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Employment in the fast growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Introduction to the new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- A company-wide mentoring program to advise you along the way
- Online training courses through CBT-nuggets to upskill you
- Performance management system to provide you with meaningful, actionable feedback
- Dedicated management to provide you with a point of leadership and care
- Internal promotion focus. We love to build people from within.
- Numerous on-the-job perks
- Peer Recognition
- Market competitive rates and benefits