Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
- 6320 Colonel Talbot Rd, London, ON N6P 1J1, Canada
Gentek is a leading manufacturer and distributor of vinyl/aluminum siding and windows and other exterior home improvement products. With 3 manufacturing facilities and 23 distribution branches in Canada we are well-positioned to provide our customers with the best products and a superior service experience.
The EH&S Coordinator will be responsible for programs and practices that ensure the safety and health for a workforce of approximately 150 employees at our Burlington vinyl manufacturing plant. This role reports to our Director – Environmental Health & Safety, with a strong dotted line reporting relationship to the Plant Manager. In this hands-on role you will be responsible for developing, planning, coordinating, and directing environmental and health/safety activities to ensure employee engagement and regulatory compliance. Generally you will implement the EHS management system to protect human health and the environment.
Specifically you will:
- Establish a culture that is aligned with Gentek’s EH&S goals and objectives
- Drive improvement in H&S results and processes resulting in reduction of accidents, injuries, and the identification of hazards in the workplace
- Modify corporate policies/processes as appropriate for specific plant requirements and to meet federal/provincial requirements
- Manage, direct, coach, lead, and motivate employees to achieve EHS goals and objectives in a timely and safe manner, while continuously striving to improve safety skills & awareness.
- Assist in planning, directing, and coordinating EH&S compliance activities through functional teams
- Act as key EH&S liaison with location manufacturing and maintenance organizations assisting in the execution of their strategic and tactical EH&S plans.
- Assist in the development and implementation of EH&S programs and activities for the facility to achieve and exceed compliance with relevant regulatory laws and regulations as well as comply with Gentek’s standards and procedures.
- Lead incident investigations identifying root causes of incidents to determine and initiate corrective actions.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct EH&S training programs.
- Coordinate and assist in the execution of capital EH&S projects to ensure compliance with requirements and completion on a timely basis including recommending EH&S capital equipment purchases.
- Be the certified Management representative on the JHSC
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, annual EH&S audits and inspections
- Advise, develop, and facilitate safety training to new shop floor employees and supervisors.
- Responsible for location’s EH&S Management Systems administrative requirements through the use of ‘Velocity EHS’.
- Post-secondary education in Environmental Health & Safety
- Minimum 3+ years of environmental, health & safety experience in an Industrial manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian regulations and reporting requirements.
- Strong communication and leadership skills including: conflict resolution, collaboration, building ownership and commitment, establishing direction, change management
- Computer proficiency including competence in working with ‘Sharepoint’.
- Ability to work independently yet sees others as partners and essential team members.
Gentek is growing. Come grow with us. The people at Gentek are the difference. If you are interested in joining our team please respond.
Accommodations for applicants with disability available upon request.