Warehouse Manager - Building Materials
- 35 Styertowne Rd, Clifton, NJ 07012, USA
Alside represents over six decades of inspired innovation. Founded in 1947, Alside is a leading manufacturer of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets.
With headquarters in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Alside has over 3000 employees in its seven manufacturing facilities (Cuyahoga Falls OH; West Salem OH; Ennis TX; Cedar Rapids IA; Kinston NC, Bothell WA; Yuma AZ). Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of 100 Alside Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the country.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the management and training of personnel to ensure the efficient completion of tasks assigned. This role is expected to be hands-on in all warehouse functions including the loading and unloading of product.
- Full accountability for the daily management of shift operations, to include direct participation and leadership of warehouse team working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Training and development of warehouse personnel in the handling/movement of product using various equipment and techniques.
- Management of inventory.
- Maintains a positive presence on the floor throughout the shift.
- Supervises all warehouse functions.
- May provide new hire and follow-up training for employees.
- Evaluates work performance of personnel regarding promotions, absenteeism, commendations and disciplinary action.
- Communicates with other members of management and departments to ensure that goals are accomplished.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment. Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and regulations regarding any potential emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supply Center Operations Manager
- Warehouse personnel
- High School diploma or equivalent required with some college preferred.
- The ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Motivated and able to function independently.
- Possess organizational skills to assume efficient use of time.
- Able to communicate well with other members of the team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.