- 265 Congress Rd, West Salem, OH 44287, USA
Associated Materials, a federally designated essential business, is the parent company for leading residential building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 70 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors.
Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, Associated Materials has over 4000 employees across its U.S. and Canadian manufacturing footprint and our extensive North American distribution center network (120+ locations!). We are a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
This combination of established brand recognition, manufacturing capacity and distribution reach makes for an exciting and rewarding employment value proposition. Join us, and discover the next step in your career journey.
Follow and participate in PBPC safety programs.
· Understand the capacities and capabilities of the 24 extruding lines.
· Understand the capabilities and limitations of the extruding tools.
· Work with production, maintenance, and quality to satisfy customer requirements.
· Assist maintenance manager and production manager with the plant PM schedule.
· Enter and schedule production orders for multiple product lines, including: Window plants, fencing customers and
· Maintain the fence, prodigy, and window schedules and anticipate changes.
· Determine contingency plans for unexpected production interruptions, including equipment failures.
· Update the foreman’s production schedule daily.
· Update the changeover board daily.
· Develop and enter the window orders for Window Plants daily
· Enter any miscellaneous shipments to other window or vendor plants.
· Investigate / correct any inventory discrepancies.
· Update/correct window plant PO’s as needed.
· Enter blending orders monthly.
· Serve as back-up for the shipping supervisor.
· Participate in the yearly physical inventory.
· Executes AMI’s objectives, meeting commitments and working within the guidelines
Knowledge and Skills:
· A solid foundation in engineering concepts.
· Knowledge of the product or services and the extrusion industry.
· Familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency
· Good analytical and problem solving skills, as well as a keen attention to detail are also essential.
· Project management, leadership and team work skills are important to ensure that all factors come together to
complete a given assignment on time.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with co-workers across all levels.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related science field, preferably chemical, mechanical or electrical
- Experience with vinyl extrusion a plus
- Three (3+) plus years related experience especially in extrusion and/or plastics industry or other manufacturing
- Manufacturing knowledge and prior scheduling experience desired
- Solid experience and knowledge with regard to manufacturing capabilities
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer orders and downloads
- Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to discuss operational requirements with all levels of personnel
- · Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.