Construction Manager - Residential Windows and Siding
- 8436 Terminal Rd, Lorton, VA 22079, USA
Alside, a division of Associated Materials Incorporated (“AMI”), is a recognized leader in the home improvement industry. Founded in 1947, Alside is a manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets. Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of over 100 Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the U.S. and Canada. We are proud to be a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
Reporting to Regional Installed Sales Solutions Director, the individual in the ISS Manager position will be responsible for providing leadership, ensuring customer service standards, providing support to the ISS business by growing sales, compliance to company policy/procedure and management of a safe working environment.
- Actively demonstrate, through own actions, a commitment to creating a safe workplace free of all injuries
- Deliver exceptional Customer Service
- Promote good, positive internal growth with local ISS team members; both individually and collectively
- Day-to-day management and growth of ISS staff (in locations where direct reports exist), including training,
- coaching, performance management, recruiting and retaining of talent
- Assist in obtaining overall goals and objectives of the organization
- Support solid top line and gross profit growth through solid business principles and tactics.
- Deliver exceptional Customer Service by responding to customer needs thoroughly in a timely manner with accuracy and detail
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge
- Field and resolve customer issues and questions
- Manage contract fulfillment in the field to meet or exceed customer and organization’s expectations.
- Oversee and manage direct reports depending on location size, and ensure product is installed to company standard
- Ensure adherence to contract specifications and established policies and procedures
- Exercise a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Partner with ASC Sales and Operations by identifying new opportunities and labor forecasting
- Establish, develop, and service new customer accounts
- Operate in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment
- Support Supply Center Team in attaining the overall goals and objectives of the business unit
- Serve as a reliable and knowledgeable resource to our customers
- Ability to multi-task and make business decisions in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Results Driven and Self-Motivated
- Service Oriented
- Effective Time Management
- Organized and Detailed Oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to learn and embrace new technology
- Microsoft Excel, Office, and Outlook
- Logistics & Dispatch
- General knowledge of the exterior building industry preferred, special focus in exterior claddings and windows
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints and scopes
- Working understanding of digital estimating software
- Frequent standing, walking, bending
- Lift up to 50-100 lbs repetitively (varies by location)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree Preferred and/or 4-5 years of industry experience
- Certifications valued, but not required – OSHA, AMA, VSI, RRP
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Preferably 2-5 years’ experience in an installation environment with a demonstrated success working with customers and managing employees
#Indeed3 – Alside
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.