Quality Assurance Inspector
- 11 Cragwood Rd, Avenel, NJ 07001, USA
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI!
Summary: We are seeking a Quality Technician who is responsible for supporting plant quality compliance, product quality improvement, and process capability. This position leads continuous improvement activities to improve process performance and leads root cause and corrective action activities to resolve field and in-plant quality issues. This is a hands-on position interacting with production employees.
- Lead root cause investigations and corrective actions to resolve quality related issues.
- Support quality compliance, product quality improvement and manufacturing process capability.
- Lead continuous improvement activities.
Day to Day Responsibilities –
- Validate final product to determine conformance to quality specifications and design intent
- Perform process and product audits, and provide feedback to improve their effectiveness
- Produce and improve visual aids and work instructions as needed
- Clearly communicate problems to Quality and Manufacturing for resolution
- Teach auditors, inspectors, and production employees the requirements that produce a quality product.
- Analyze data streams to identify potential opportunities for quality improvement
- Define supplier quality improvement strategies and drive implementation
- Perform physical testing and record results
- Compile and submit production samples for accelerated testing and evaluate results upon completion of the tests.
- Inspections logs and sample retention including AAMA requirements
- Perform Random Product Audits as required, including safety, QC Inspection, SOP audits 5S
- Train Operators and Technicians on test methods and AMI standards
- Communicate non-conformance during production audits
- Maintain annual re-certification and service records for all precision instruments and measuring devices in our calibration system.
Production Mgmt/Supervisors, Plant employees
- 3-5 years of quality testing experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong technical accounting skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel & Word
- High School Diploma or GED
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.