Director of Marketing Communications
- 3773 State Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223, USA
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI!
The Director of Marketing Communications will lead the development and implementation of marketing communication strategies, supporting all AMI product lines and customer segments. The Director will partner with the VP of Marketing, channel marketing, product management, and other functional teams, to create and execute internal and external communication plans, enhance AMI’s brand awareness, support innovation and new product launches, establish unique and differentiated digital presence, and help drive continued growth of AMI’s overall business.
- Develop and execute annual communications plan, with a focus on new product and innovation, for paid, earned and owned media, including print & online advertising, PR, literature development, website, and social media. Develop value proposition and key messages for various trade audience groups.
- Manage creative and media vendor relationships, negotiate media buys and contracts.
- Oversee the sales sample and literature development and fulfillment process, effectively and efficiently meet customer needs while managing the budget.
- Lead overall marketing efforts to increase AMI brand awareness. Develop consistent branding guidelines and ensure the brand identity is used consistently across all channels, markets, and media.
- Track and review effectiveness of communication efforts, refine the plans and delivery as needed.
- In conjunction with AMI leadership teams, develop and implement strategies for internal and external crisis communication when needed.
- Function as internal owner and subject matter of expert for all internal communications. Provide assistance to various departments with developing key messages, communication plans and materials.
- Owner of all external communications, content creation and editing, execution and implementation. Oversee all aspects of production (concept, design, content, visual elements and budgeting) of all AMI’s print and digital publications.
- Act as a primary liaison and spokesperson to media, producing and distributing information, media releases, pitching stories and developing relationships.
- Manage and create customer news letters
WEBSITE AND DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Provide leadership and planning for all areas of electronic communication including website content management, strategic email communications, and social media. Leverage SEO/SEM best practices to improve traffic to all AMI’s digital properties
- Working with AMI IT teams, other stakeholders, and external vendors to identify and implement website improvement and update projects
- Create and follow a Content Marketing Strategy to define the audiences to be reached by digital and social media, the expected outcomes, and how results will be measured. Manage the process to create and post dynamic content to digital and social media channels on a regular basis, using available online tools to manage time and efficiency
- Develop and coordinate the production of multimedia content (YouTube videos, photography, videography, etc.) to support new product launch and sales training efforts.
- Lead and manage team of marketing and marketing communication specialists - provide coaching and support to help develop team members and support them to achieve their goals.
- Sales and sales leadership teams, building a strong collaboration culture to support sales teams and deliver results
- Product management teams: working together to drive continuous innovation and new product introduction
- HR Leadership and Talent Development teams, leveraging cross functional and synergistic opportunities
- External and professional association colleagues, leveraging knowledge share and best practices
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field, a master’s degree would be considered a plus
- 5 – 10 years relevant experience in a B2B setting, in marketing, marketing communication, product management, creative design, or a combination of the above.
- Experience in a leadership role managing at least 3-5 direct reports, hands-on experience hiring and recruiting, and developing team members;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Demonstrated track record in the following areas:
- Managing comprehensive traditional and non-traditional marketing campaigns that deliver on stated objectives and KPIs; managing agencies and other creative vendors.
- Managing digital properties across various platforms and leading continuous improvement efforts;
- Developing and managing a brand portfolio, including brand identity, personality, hierarchy, positioning, and activation strategies;
- Comprehensive understanding of new product and marketing commercialization process;
- Strong cross-functional management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively utilize internal and external resources to meet project deadlines and objectives;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen and assess customer needs, prioritize needs/requirements, and communicate them cross-functionally;
- Strong interpersonal skills to constructively foster relationships internally and externally; Track record to hold self and teams accountable for actions and results.
- High level of motivation with the ability to operate as an individual and team contributor;
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
#Indeed - Associated