Associate Buyer - Planner
- 3773 State Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223, USA
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI!
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer - Planner is responsible for assisting in monitoring inventory levels and processing Purchase Orders for materials to replenish those inventory levels. In addition, the Buyer - Planner deals with vendors and suppliers on a daily basis, leveraging great organizational and supplier relations skills.
- Establish effective relationships with the material managers at all plants, and work closely with them to address any materials questions they have
- Manage inventory levels by plant based on stocking plan and monitoring demand on assigned businesses
- Use of financial and quantitative information to optimize results and meet financial commitments
- Manage integrity of information related to material specifications and supplier contacts
- Serve and protect all internal and external customer base with material related subjects
- Assist in strategic initiatives with suppliers by partnering with the Sourcing team to build an optimal vendor base to best serve the business
- Place daily orders from multiple vendors
- Ensure we are following contracts/pricing with vendors
- Maintain and build vendor relations, these contacts are vital
- Report on back-orders/late shipments and work with sourcing to resolve any ongoing issues
- Work closely with engineering/sourcing/marketing on new product launches, ensuring that all the parts are in place for testing and launch dates
- Maintain forecasts and ordering parameters for all vendors/parts
- Plant Materials Manager(s)
- Transportation/Logistics partners
- Customer Service
- Vendors and Suppliers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Mid to advanced skills using all Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Communication skills to express ideas and concepts verbally, visually and in writing
- Planning and organization to set targets / milestones and follow through on commitments
- Familiarity with vinyl windows and related building products
- Experience working within an ERP package
- APICS certification and/or training preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.