Project Coordinator - Residential Construction Estimating
- Madison, WI
Alside, a division of Associated Materials Incorporated (“AMI”), is a recognized leader in the home improvement industry. Founded in 1947, Alside is a manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets. Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of over 100 Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the U.S. and Canada. We are proud to be a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
The role of the Project Coordinator/Estimator is to work in tandem with the sales force to qualify bid opportunities, prepare bids for window and siding supply, to GC’s, Builders, and Owners. Reporting to the Program Manager of Residential Construction Estimating, the PC/Estimator will prepare detail cost analysis of labor and materials including product codes using combinations of PlanSwift, manual plan reading and interpretation, and Microsoft Excel and PDF-based files. This role will work independently to thoroughly review plans, spec books, waterproofing consultant specs (if applicable), code requirements, and any other applicable addendum issued during the bid phase.
The successful candidate will be based out of the Alside Supply Center located in Madison, WI
- Successfully and specifically estimate product and labor costs of selected projects using our software estimation and calculation system of choice, PlanSwift
- Successfully create proposals and solutions based documents with hard cost guidelines to profitably obtain project awards
- Aggressively seek new avenues to drive incremental revenue
- Scope interpretation and solution identification
- Isolate potential scope shortcomings and inadequacies and provide cost effective and value engineered solutions
- Internal and external scheduling with Sub K’s, Homeowners, Dealers and Builders for multi-family projects
- Record bid results for tracking and review
- Program Manager, Residential Construction Estimating
- Builders, Contractors
- Regional Estimating Team
- ISS Team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Work experience estimating mid to large size project work in both new construction and remodeling with a preference for windows and exterior envelope and claddings
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints and scopes
- Thorough understanding of product specification terminology and digital estimating software
- Ability to meet deadlines, communicate questions and concerns and search for creative solutions when needed
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Microsoft Project
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com