Community Association - General Manager (Condo)
- Washington, DC, USA
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
A General Manager (on-site) is responsible for all operations including Enginiering and Maintenance, as well as oversite of all vendors, and contractors.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with implementation of Board policy and directives within the scope of the management agreement. Works with the board on strategic initiatives, policy governance and association projects.
- Supervise all administration staff at the community.
- Assist with employee hiring, training, supervising, and performance management.
- Assist with preparing schedules and establishes priorities for routine and special work projects.
- Assist with annual budget.
- Assist with the administration of the various functions of the community within the projected and approved operating budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the Association Board of Directors, the General Manager, and how those roles interface with the requests of homeowners.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Associates Degree Required
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 4+ years of directly related or closely related experience
- 3+ years of Community Association experience
- Excellent Leadership and people skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.