Community Association - General Manager (Condo)
- Washington, DC, USA
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
A General Manager (on-site) is responsible for supervising the administrative support staff of the Community Association assigned. The General Manager will also assist the lead General Manager with oversight and support of the various departments within the Community Association including Facilities Maintenance, Custodial, Landscaping, Lifestyle, etc. The General Manager I is the liaison to the lead General Manager and residents primarily, but will also occasionally interact with vendors, board members and committee members, as well as staff at the Associa Client Shared Service Center (CSSC) and within the branch office.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with implementation of Board policy and directives within the scope of the management agreement. Works with the board on strategic initiatives, policy governance and association projects.
- Supervise all administration staff at the community.
- Assist with employee hiring, training, supervising, and performance management.
- Assist with preparing schedules and establishes priorities for routine and special work projects.
- Assist with annual budget.
- Assist with the administration of the various functions of the community within the projected and approved operating budget.
- In conjunction with the General Manager II/III, act as a liaison between the Board of Directors and residents in the execution of the established policies and the conveyance of resident grievances.
- In conjunction with the General Manager II/III, work as a liaison between the Board and legal counsel, as well as the Board and the Board Advisory Committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the Association Board of Directors, the General Manager, and how those roles interface with the requests of homeowners.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- A PCAM Designation is required.
- Associates Degree Required
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 4+ years of directly related or closely related experience
- 3+ years of Community Association experience
- Excellent Leadership and people skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.