- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The Community Director is responsible for administrative operations and supervision of a branch to include training, supervising and evaluating staff and office operations. The Community Director participates in departmental committees and manage different structures, and, thus, the specific duties and responsibilities will vary. The communities are made up of single family homes, town homes and mid-rises.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the operation and administration of the Association in accordance with management agreement and the Association's policies and procedures.
- Acts as or oversee the primary liaison with the Association Board of Directors and homeowners as needed.
- Perform/Direct administrative and management duties as requested by the Board of Directors and in accordance with the management agreement.
- Ensure Associa community management tools are being effectively developed and utilized such as annual calendar, action item list, resolution worksheets, timed agendas, RFP matrixes, committee charters, procurement procedures, FY operating budget, etc.
- Review monthly financial reports and ensure management summary is submitted to the association Board of Directors.
- Provide and/or oversee recommendations to the Association Board of Directors and committees regarding major capital expenditures as required to maintain the desired community appearance and operation.
- Monitor corporate and client delinquency rates and collections process for account portfolio.
- Attend Board meetings per the management agreement and community events as needed.
- Prepare Board packages according to established time frames.
- Ensure Board of Directors is aware of legal actions involving the Association.
- Maintain unit and contract files relating to the operations of the Association.
- Assist Board of Directors/ARB with architectural review process and/or routine inspections as necessary
- Responsible for maintenance of C3 data base, including updating resident information
- Responsible for routine and special project vendor management including procurement as well as performance evaluation as contracted.
- Responsible for oversight of Associa staff as contract provides.
- Coordinate and/or oversee inspection of building facilities and/or common area and arrange appropriate follow up actions as required.
- Oversee the AP process in accordance with Associa home office processes and procedures.
- While the list above is an extensive list of job responsibilities, it is expected that the individual in this position is hands on and flexible in performing, assisting, and/or supervising any necessary task that is requested by our client and/or Associa.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5 - 7 years of Management and/or Supervisory experience required
- 3 – 7 years of Community Association experience and Portfolio Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at an expert level.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at an expert level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Confidentiality and discretion in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.