- Beaverton, OR, USA
Delivering unsurpassed association management services to communities since 1979, Associa leads the industry operating more than 180 branch offices across North America and employing 10,000 team members dedicated to serving nearly five million residents who are part of the Associa family. With unrivaled industry expertise, safeguarded finances and trailblazing innovation, Associa provides solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more go to www.associaonline.com.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for gathering, analyzing, verifying, and the reporting of financial information. The Accounting Manager may be responsible for hiring, training, and coaching subordinates, as well as enforcing corporate company policies, rules, and procedures. The Accounting Manager is responsible for and will oversee certain financial objectives such as preparing and regulating annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, and beginning corrective actions when budget problems occur. Also, keep track of corporate financial status by closely monitoring revenue, expenses, and future budget changes while evaluating financial data, and prepare reports on finances. The Accounting Manager may help guide other departments/divisions/branches by applying observations and recommendations to their financial operations. The Accounting Manager also helps the company avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing certain financial regulations, and recommending new, efficient procedures. The Accounting Managers may also be responsible for updating company information by participating in any educational opportunities that can advance the company’s current financial model.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the daily activities of the accounting department.
- Directly supervise the Accounts Receivable team and process of ownership changes with client accounting.
- Provide quarterly performance reviews of Accounts Receivable team and with an emphasis on employee development.
- Ensure all new accounting department staff have correct access to accounting software and banking institution per their roles.
- Collect and provide information for independent client CPA’s for financial reviews and tax return processing.
- Onboard new clients into accounting software and ensure all prior accounting is onboarded prior to reassignment after first billing.
- Oversee client collections, late fee and delinquency processing by collecting and providing information to client collections attorneys in a timely manner.
- Periodic client ownership and internal client financial statement reviews as assigned.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget and accounting.
- Oversee the posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable and general ledger adjustments.
- Provide process assistance for client accounts payables general ledger accounting.
- Provide financial analysis statements including monthly balance sheets, income statements, cash flows statements, and actual to budget and last year variance analysis for clients.
- Provide quarterly training to community managers/ACAM’s to review common financial questions on each report.
- Provide assistance to corporate accounting liaison in research into client receivables, credit memo’s and delinquency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of GAAP at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level.
- Confidentiality and discretion in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 3 – 5 years of directly related or closely related accounting experience
- 3 – 5 years of Management and/or Supervisory experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.