- Millsboro, DE
Delivering unsurpassed association management services to communities since 1979, Associa leads the industry operating more than 180 branch offices across North America and employing 10,000 team members dedicated to serving nearly five million residents who are part of the Associa family. With unrivaled industry expertise, safeguarded finances and trailblazing innovation, Associa provides solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more go to www.associaonline.com.
A General Manager (on-site) is responsible for supervising the administrative support staff of the Community Association assigned. The General Manager will also assist with oversight and support of the various departments within the Community Association including Food & Beverage, Facilities Maintenance, Custodial, Landscaping, Lifestyle, etc. The General Manager I is the liaison to the lead General Manager and residents primarily, but will also occasionally interact with vendors, board members and committee members.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with implementation of Board policy and directives within the scope of the management agreement. Works with the board on strategic initiatives, policy governance and association projects.
- Supervise all administration staff at the community.
- Assist with employee hiring, training, supervising, and performance management.
- Assist with preparing schedules and establishes priorities for routine and special work projects.
- Assist with annual budget.
- Assist with the administration of the various functions of the community within the projected and approved operating budget.
- Act as a liaison between the Board of Directors and residents in the execution of the established policies and the conveyance of resident grievances.
- Work as a liaison between the Board and legal counsel, as well as the Board and the Board Advisory Committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the Association Board of Directors, the General Manager, and how those roles interface with the requests of homeowners.
- Knowledge of typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at a proficient level.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Associates Degree Required
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- PCAM preferred but not requiired
- Strong financial background
- 4+ years of directly related or closely related experience
- 3+ years of Community Association experience
- Excellent Leadership and people skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.