- Hosur Rd, Karnataka 562110, India
- Employees can work remotely
We’re building our Engineering team at Assembly, a fast-growing start-up based in Los Angeles and Bangalore! Our employee engagement platform offers organizations a better way to engage employees and drives organizational culture.
At Assembly, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
At Assembly, we deeply care about the user experience and the nuances that are involved in shaping an intuitive service. We need a Front-End engineer that knows when and where to add a bit of flair to boost the experience.
- Passionate about company culture. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand the root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are self-directed and self-motivated, able to lead a project or play a supporting role
- You understand the needs of a young and scrappy startup and work to solve problems expeditiously without compromising the product
Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
Developing and implementing front-end architecture to scale the current codebase.
Identifying web-based user interactions.
Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using React concepts.
Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
Profiling, Monitoring, and improving front-end performance.
Create workflows to improve the team’s productivity.
Improve test coverage of the codebase using testing libraries.
Documenting application changes and developing updates.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with Figma and/or Sketch for working with design.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as BitBucket/GitHub
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them.
- Minimum 3 years of professional Front-End engineering
Assembly is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.