- 4010 W Boy Scout Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607, USA
Aspire Financial Services, LLC is a leading service provider of smart retirement solutions. Serving the industry for over 12 years with a conflict-free, open-architecture retirement planning management system, Aspire offers the most extensive capabilities nationwide for all plan types [401(k), 403(b), 457, IRA, and Defined Benefit] and all retirement plan stakeholders. Aspire provides a best-in-class technology-enabled portfolio of pre-defined or highly customizable smart retirement solutions with private-label branding options through its proprietary technology platform and strategic partnerships. Aspire links the retirement planning community together to deliver smart solutions for any plan type independent of average account balance or plan size—enabling our partners and customers with strong economic value and competitive advantage through a cost-effective transparent pricing structure and fully built operational model.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for working with the Accounting and Finance team to ensure the highest levels of completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all financial information and reporting. This position is a significant contributor to the Accounting and Finance team and requires a strong team member with the ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
- Assist in the monthly closing and financial reporting process as directed by the Assistant Controller
- Prepare monthly journal entries including, but are not limited to, prepaid assets and capital assets. Prepare account reconciliations as well as assist with the corporate consolidation.
- Maintain integrity of balance sheet accounts through review of account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Perform accounts payable function which includes entering and coding all invoices, preparing a weekly disbursement file, processing all checks and preparing for signature, preparing accounts payable aging and preparing monthly expense accrual schedule and related journal entry.
- Prepare audit schedules for external auditors.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experience and understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining outstanding organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines and commitments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, effective communication, innovation and excellence.