Sales & Reservations Supervisor - Ski and Snowboard School - Winter 2023 - 2024
- Job Location: Snowmass
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $26.00
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Season: Winter 2023-24
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
Aspen/Snowmass has four amazing mountains with a wide range of terrain to explore! The Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass are a collection of talented and inspired Pros who are committed to helping clients build confidence, understand the terrain, and guide them to the next place in their skiing and riding. Our Pros know more than just teaching; they are willing to share knowledge of the resort and community that can help shape an unforgettable experience for our guests. Find out more at aspensnowmass.com/jobs/skischool and come join our team!
The Ski & Snowboard Schools Sales and Reservations Supervisor will assist with managing all aspects of the Sales and Reservation Office. This role will provide administrative support to Coordinators and Managers and will offer exceptional guest service both internally and externally while maintaining a focus on Agent/Lead support, and daily group and private lesson reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with overseeing daily operations for the Ski & Snowboard School Sales and Reservations Office including correspondence and phone calls with Pros, management and guests.
- Oversee daily group and private lesson reconciliation
- Assist with coaching, scheduling, and performance reviews of Sales & Reservations agents and leads.
- Assist Pros with scheduling and booking of private ski and snowboard lessons
- Maintain strong working relationships with all relevant departments
- Work with managers and coordinators to resolve staff and guest issues
- Project confidence in a fast paced, guest-intensive environment
- Maintain and adapt daily to the demands of the day needs as they arise
- Be capable of handling administrative duties of the job as they arise
- Work with an agenda that incorporates the guiding principles of Aspen Skiing Company in conjunction with the strategic plan for the Ski and Snowboard Schools
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel required
- RTP or other point of sale or customer relationship management systems experience preferred
- 2+ years of leadership experience in an office setting preferred
- Experience with Aspen Skiing Company or the Ski & Snowboard School preferred
- Working knowledge of the Ski Industry with a desire to learn preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese is helpful
Supervision given: Exercises general supervision over Sales and Reservations staff. Assigns a variety of routine tasks, sets general expectations of results expected within company’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of the Sales & Reservations Coordinator. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
- No adverse or hazardous conditions
- Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit www.aspensnowmass.com/employment/benefits-and-perks
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here