Maintenance Supervisor - Limelight Ketchum
- Ketchum, ID, USA
- Job category: Limelight Hotel Ketchum
- Job Location: Limelight Ketchum
- Season: Year Round
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $34.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
You don’t just work at the Limelight. You become one of the best reasons our guests come back again and again. It’s our aim to provide a warm and inviting community atmosphere for our guests. We believe every employee should play a key role in helping enrich the guests’ mind, body and spirit during their stay. This takes a dedication to real, live hospitality and an appreciation for innovative leadership. We are a team, and we act like it.We also believe, as Limelight hotel management, in a commitment to providing a secure and enjoyable work environment for every employee — one that promotes honesty, mutual respect, personal growth and career advancement for all.
The Maintenance Supervisor leads and directs maintenance staff. They also respond to and complete general maintenance requests for room calls, public areas, meeting rooms, back of house, physical plant, and exterior areas of the property. This position currently pays $34 per hour.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist in the coaching, reviewing, and instructing other maintenance staff
• Help plan and coordinate projects during the off season
• Help coordinate and oversea day to day operations when the manager is out
• Respond to and complete all general maintenance requests as needed including all areas inside and outside of the hotel & related properties
• Promptly and courteously respond to guest room calls
• Ensure work orders are tracked, completed, and prioritized
• Perform safety inspections
• Help with budget management and invoicing when needed
• Ensure all compliance standards are met including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and GHS (Global Harmonized System for chemicals)
• Identify process improvements and best practices
• Interact with guests on a daily basis
• Tape, spakle, and paint walls
• Report all safety hazards and suspicious persons or activities to management
• Monitor and maintain fire detection system and help with any emergency evacuation
• Complete work order assignments in a timely manner
• Other duties as assigned
• Availability to work some weekends and holidays required
• High School Diploma or high school equivalent preferred
• Management experience preferred
• 2 years in mechanical fields such as HVAC (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, and or plumbing preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA standards and application for working with chemicals and practicing OSHA safety-standards preferred
• Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, painting, mechanical repairs, and carpentry preferred
• EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) Certification preferred
Supervision Given and Received
Given: Exercises general supervision over maintenance staff. Assigns a variety of routine tasks, sets general expectations of results expected within company’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Received: Works under general supervision of Chef Engineer and receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand or be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time. Regularly work in adverse conditions and required to use protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces. Must be able to constantly lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here