Hideout Operations Coordinator - Buttermilk Ski & Snowboard School
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Job Location: Buttermilk
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass are a collection of world class Pros who are committed to cultivating exceptional experiences that inspire journeys within. Our Pros know more than just teaching; they deliver acclaimed services, forge deep personal connections, and create new perspectives. The Aspen Academy is dedicated to talent development and offers industry leading training that supports our commitment to excellence. Through the Academy, Pros have the opportunity to gain a holistic instructor education.
Manage and maintain an enthusiastic and professional work environment for Buttermilk Ski and Snowboard Hideout operations to include but not limited to overseeing maintenance of the Hideout, Ski School rentals, Magic carpet operations, and all Buttermilk Ski and Snowboard School transport. Coordination of any of the “Essential Job Functions” below may vary from day to day. This is a seasonal, 6 ½ month position.
The budgeted range for this position starts at $47,840 annualized. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
Essential Job Functions
Hideout Facility and beyond:
• Maintain overall appearance and functionality of the Hideout during business hours, not limited to Hideout cleanliness, trash removal, clearing sidewalks of snow, verify stock levels of available resources for staff and guests
• Point person for ASC Property Management with cleaning and maintenance of Hideout
• Assist in maintaining the lunch/daycare rooms on-hill
• Assist with food services as needed
• Maintain records for rentals including discrepancy forms and ensuring late payment from guest
• Maintain tuned, up to date rental inventory containing all sizes of ski and snowboard equipment
• Order rental and retail product from the warehouse, obtain product from other stores as needed and provide substitute product when necessary
• Assist with annual equipment purchase for the Hideout & Treehouse Rental operations
• Assist with ski and snowboard tuning when required
• Provide positive guest experience to internal and external guests alike
• Assign lockers to Hideout staff, assist in payroll and purchasing duties as needed
• Ensure scheduling and accurate pay for direct report staff
• Work with staff to minimize safety risk exposure
Transport and Magic Carpet operations:
• Responsible for staffing and scheduling for Express Shuttle (drivers required a CDL)
• Ensure a safe magic carpet experience for beginner guests by maintaining carpet
• Provide transportation from Hideout to designated location based on age group
Meeting areas and beyond:
• Responsible for having staff set-up and break down of Hideout props, courses, and lesson level signs in designated areas as well as set up/break down of Buttermilk Ski and Snowboard School meeting areas, teaching zones and terrain-based learning
• Maintain compliance with Tramway Safety Board, Snowmobile and OSHA regulations including all signage and licensing, normal and evacuation procedures, opening, operating, and closing procedures
• Assist with daily check in process of all group lesson programs
• Supporting special events (race day, theme days)
• Must be 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• College degree preferred
• Must be fluent in English
• Valid US driver’s license required
• Advanced knowledge of ski and snowboard equipment required
• Winter sports industry experience preferred
• Experience within a leadership role required
• Childcare experience is preferred, but not necessary
• Computer proficiency with the ability to operate multiple programs
• Spanish or Portuguese is helpful, but not necessary
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision given: Exercises general supervision over Hideout support staff. Assigns a variety of routine tasks, sets general expectations of results expected within company’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of the Program Manager. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here