- Snowmass Village, CO, USA
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Job Location: Multiple Locations
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $17.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
ASC operates the on-mountain restaurants and the four mountains in the Aspen Snowmass area - Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk - as well as the Five Star, Five Diamond property The Little Nell, the Limelight Hotel properties which operate in Aspen, Ketchum Idaho and Snowmass. ASC also operates the rental & retail stores of Four Mountain Sports and the Award-winning Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass.
The Child Care Attendant works with infants and toddlers and assists the lead teachers in providing quality childcare to each child in the program.
Essential Job Functions
• Take care of groups of children in a safe environment, give them opportunities to learn by play, keep them happy and safe
• Maintain knowledge of each child’s location at all times during the day
• Able to work with a group of children independently
• Change diapers, clean up after children, prepare and serve snacks and lunches
• Give them time outside to play
• Must be patient and able to give special attention to unhappy children
• Must be able to move quickly to prevent a child from possible injury
• Take direction and feedback while working effectively with a team of teachers
• Know the different developmental stages of each age group
• Must be 18 years old or older
• Degree or related field required or extensive documented experience working with children ages 3 and under required; guidelines outlined in Colorado State Licensing
• Preschool, day camp, babysitting and/or childcare experience required
• Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese preferred
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision of Ski School Manager. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time. Kneeling and bending may be required
Regularly work indoors with no adverse conditions. Some positions require exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here