Human Resources Coordinator
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Parent Company
- Job Location: Aspen Highlands
- Season: Year Round
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $21.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Our mission statement is to Live Passionately: Awaken the Spirit, Elevate Community and Honor Place. We are distinguished from others in our belief that our employees should be encouraged to bring this mission to life both personally and professionally, and in a way that is unique to them. Whether it is taking a ski run at lunch, volunteering for a cause close to your heart, or hiking at sunrise, we know our employees are our best ambassadors and our greatest investment.
The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including screening all calls and visits to HR office, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
• Completes HRIS entry for current employees, new hires and terminated employees
• Trains managers and employees on HRIS systems
• Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files
• Submits online investigation requests, completes employment verifications and assists with new-employee background checks
• Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director, VP and SVP of HR
• Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions
• Files documents into appropriate employee files
• Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
• Prepares new-employee files
• Processes mail
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
• At least two years related experience required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: There are no supervisory responsibilities
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of Director of Human Resources. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
No adverse or hazardous conditions
Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 15 lbs. individually or with assistance
This position /certain locations will require an employee to ski or snowboard
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits