Ski & Snowboard School Reservationist
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Job Location: Multiple Locations
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $16.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The Ski & Snowboard Schools Reservationist has plenty of opportunity to take advantage of all the extras that Aspen Skiing Company offers employees, such as free ski lessons and mid-day ski breaks, but participation is not necessary for the position. If you appreciate variety in your job, working indoors, and having fun with your team in a fast-paced environment, this job is for you!
The Ski & Snowboard Schools Reservationist provides sales and administrative support to the Ski and Snowboard Schools while providing exceptional customer service for both employees and guests in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment. The Reservationist exercises professional conduct at all times and supports positive rapport with guests and employees alike.
Essential Job Functions
• Sell products and services including lift tickets, season passes, lessons, equipment rentals, summer kid’s camp and other seasonal on-mountain activities with a focus on Ski and Snowboard School products
• Completes group and private lesson payroll audits along with daily reconciliation
• Assist with ski and snowboard instructor scheduling, group class rostering, private lesson assignments
• Sell bus passes and provide sales and ticketing support to employees
• Knowledgeable of all products and services and remain current on all programs, policies and departmental/mountain events.
• Promote the school and instructor team to our guests by providing detailed and accurate information on all Ski & Snowboard School products, up-sell and cross sell effectively
• Employ professional sales techniques to drive conversations with guests
• Research, troubleshoot, and support solutions for all issues by providing necessary information to coordinators and managers when needed
• Develops relationships with key personnel to help facilitate effective cross-communication between relevant departments
• Communicate clearly with regard to all sales and inquiries in all forms; written, in-person and over the telephone
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Must be fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages is helpful
• Must be proficient at Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel with ability to learn internal system.
• Ability to type minimum 50 WPM required
• Experience communicating effectively via phone, e-mail, and face to face required
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received: Works under direct supervision of the Senior Ski School Coordinator. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in adverse conditions and requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to lift, push or pull occasionally up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here