Ski Instructor - Inexperienced
- Snowmass Village, CO, USA
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Job Location: Multiple Locations
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $22.08
- Job Classification: Part-Time Seasonal
The Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass are a collection of world class Pros who are committed to cultivating exceptional experiences that inspire journeys within. Our Pros know more than just teaching; they deliver acclaimed services, forge deep personal connections, and create new perspectives. The Aspen Academy is dedicated to talent development and offers industry leading training that supports our commitment to excellence. Through the Academy, Pros have the opportunity to gain a holistic instructor education.
The Inexperienced Ski Instructor will teach alpine skiing and/or snowboarding to children and adults of all ability levels by focusing on the fundamentals of on-mountain safety and providing a safe and fun on-snow experience.
This role typically pays between $22.08 and $38.10. Actual pay will be dependent on experience and lessons taught.
Essential Job Functions
• Work together with a team of instructors to organize classes and students according to individual student goals and abilities
• Teach and demonstrate skiing and snowboarding to classes in a safe environment using a variety of teaching techniques as well as skiing/snowboarding techniques
• Must be able to teach a variety of lessons, including instruction for beginners and clinics for more advanced class participants
• Provides exceptional guest service while maintaining safety as a priority at all times
• Works with fellow employees and independently with group of students
• Must be 18 years of age
• Experience working with children is required
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Level 1 PSIA Certification preferred
• Ability to ski/snowboard, demonstrating maneuvers to students throughout the duration of a lesson for up to 6 hours per day required
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision of Ski and Snowboard Manager. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
- Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits