Race Crew Attendant
- Snowmass Village, CO, USA
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Job Location: Multiple Locations
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $15.60
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The Aspen Skiing Company (ASC) is located in Aspen, Colorado. Aspen’s modern history was forged with the silver rush in the 1870s and was reborn in the wake of World War II as a ski destination. Leading the way was a former member of the 10th Mountain Division, Friedl Pfeifer, who banded together with philanthropist Walter and Elizabeth Paepcke to make the town and its mountain a destination for those seeking renewal of their mind, body and spirit. The Aspen Skiing Company (ASC) is located in Aspen, Colorado. Aspen’s modern history was forged with the silver rush in the 1870s and was reborn in the wake of World War II as a ski destination. Leading the way was a former member of the 10th Mountain Division, Friedl Pfeifer, who banded together with philanthropist Walter and Elizabeth Paepcke to make the town and its mountain a destination for those seeking renewal of their mind, body and spirit.
The Race Crew Attendant is responsible for assisting with the preparation and operation of race events while providing exceptional customer service and ensuring the highest level of safety for our guests.
Essential Job Functions
• Daily setup, breakdown and maintenance of racecourses including B-net installation, gate maintenance, course setting, and corral preparation
• Observe standard protocol for gate judging, barrier tape, start and stop during races, course crossing and Did Not Qualify (DNQ) and Disqualified (DSQ)
• Transport race material to and from venues
• Meet and greet guests as they enter registration area
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience racing or working for a racing program helpful
- Basic computer & accounting skills
- Snowmobile experience useful
- Advanced or above skiing/snowboarding skills
- Able to work outdoors in variable weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Fluent in English - verbal and written
- Other language skills a plus, especially Spanish
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision of Guest Service Director. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here