Peak Season Ski Instructor
- Snowmass Village, CO, USA
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Job Location: Multiple Locations
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $22.08
- Job Classification: Part-Time Seasonal
The Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass are a collection of world class Pros who are committed to cultivating exceptional experiences that inspire journeys within. Our Pros know more than just teaching; they deliver acclaimed services, forge deep personal connections, and create new perspectives. The Aspen Academy is dedicated to talent development and offers industry leading training that supports our commitment to excellence. Through the Academy, Pros have the opportunity to gain a holistic instructor education.
HOLIDAY SEASON WORK
Are you looking to share your passion for skiing & riding, but can't commit to a whole season on the slopes? The Peak Season Ski Instructor will teach group lessons to children and adults during our busiest times of the season. Must be available to work holiday periods including Christmas, President's week, and spring break. The Peak Season Instructor will be scheduled for a total of 100 hours, 17 days, during these periods. Full season pass offered.
This role typically pays between $22.08 and $38.10. Actual pay will be dependent on experience and lessons taught.
Essential Job Functions
• Work together with a team of instructors to organize classes and students according to individual student goals and abilities
• Teach and demonstrate skiing and snowboarding to classes in a safe environment using a variety of teaching techniques as well as skiing/snowboarding techniques
• Must be able to teach a variety of lessons, including clinics for beginners and instruction for more advanced class participants
• Provides exceptional guest service while maintaining safety as a priority at all times.
• Works with fellow employees and independently with group of students
• Must be 18 years of age
• Experience working with children is required
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Level 1 PSIA Certification preferred
• Ability to ski/snowboard, demonstrating maneuvers to students throughout the duration of a lesson for up to 6 hours per day required
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision of Guest Service Director. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here