Social Media and Community Manager
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Parent Company
- Job Location: Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Our mission statement is to Live Passionately: Awaken the Spirit, Elevate Community and Honor Place. We are distinguished from others in our belief that our employees should be encouraged to bring this mission to life both personally and professionally, and in a way that is unique to them. Whether it is taking a ski run at lunch, volunteering for a cause close to your heart, or hiking at sunrise, we know our employees are our best ambassadors and our greatest investment.
The Social Media Manager oversees our social media which is our brand’s first and most frequent point of contact with the world; as the voice of Aspen Snowmass, the Social Media & Community Manager will expertly craft messages about our mountains, lodging, core offerings, brand values and differentiators across multiple channels and mediums (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube). This role will be responsible for shaping and executing Aspen Snowmass’ social media and influencer strategy, from brainstorms to postmortems, in alignment with overarching brand, marketing and digital strategies and goals. Our ideal candidate is a community-minded relationship builder who lives and breathes social media both personally and professionally, with impeccable copywriting skills, a deep understanding of data analytics, and a desire to always be part of the action – powder days included.
This role typically pays around $69,061, actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
Essential job functions
• Daily management of all aspects of Aspen Snowmass’ social media accounts including timely posting, moderating, engaging and providing customer service when necessary
• Define purpose, audience, and goals for existing and new social channels, then develop end-to-end content strategies and calendars for each
• Lead all aspects of social media content planning and creation, from creative brainstorm to production and execution across all platforms
• Work closely with content and creative team to align on overarching content strategy, marketing plans and brand voice and messaging
• Monitor, organize and regularly report on data and insights gathered from Google, Meltwater and other social tools to discover unique insights and opportunities to continuously improve social strategy month over month
• Collaborate with internal departments to represent their needs and initiatives, including revenue centers, PR team, sustainability team, etc.
• Develop in-depth, long-term influencer strategy and program to grow following, increase brand awareness, and drive revenue
• Build, manage and grow a network of influencers across channels; lead in identifying the right partners and opportunities for the brand
• Develop itineraries, meet influencers face-to-face and give mountain tours when necessary, follow up with each visitor for deliverables
• Shoot photos and videos for social media, create graphics and templates, curate existing photo and video content as needed
• Live social coverage of events throughout the year, including some weekends and evenings
• Build strong relationships with photographers and videographers to collaborate on and collect timely content
• Build meaningful connections with our target audiences, increasing social engagement, following, and brand affinity
• Collaborate with media agency and digital team on paid social media strategy, tactics, implementation and optimization
• Continually stay ahead of the curve on best practices, platform updates and changes, algorithms and what’s next on the social media horizon
• Stay on top of (and communicate with the team) what’s trending, timely and on-brand within each channel and the industry as a whole
• Research/follow competitors and brands that are active in social and report on competitive landscape
• Grow and maintain relationships with partners across all channels
• Assist in managing social media and influencer budget
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, social media, communications or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in the field of marketing and social media required, with expert knowledge across key social channels and platforms
• Proven experience growing social media for a well-known brand with an active social media presence
• Proven experience leading influencer programming for a well-known brand with an active social media presence
• Demonstrated track record utilizing multiple social platforms to build awareness, engage new and existing customers and increase sales
• Strong copywriting and impeccable proofreading skills, with the ability to transform long-form web and newsletter copy into engaging, punchy social captions and stories
• High-level written and verbal communication skills for relationship-building and problem-solving
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with great time management skills and the ability to multitask and reprioritize quickly and often
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of photography and video production, from shoot to post-production and delivery
• Experience working in social media management platforms such as Meltwater and Pixlee
• Experience with Facebook Ads Manager and/or Facebook Business Manager
• Outdoor industry and/or ski resort experience preferred
Supervision Given and Received:
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of the Director of Content. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
Regularly work in adverse conditions and requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance.
Ski/Snowboarding is required for certain positions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here