Public Relations Manager
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Parent Company
- Job Location: Aspen Airport Business Center
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Our mission statement is to Live Passionately: Awaken the Spirit, Elevate Community and Honor Place. We are distinguished from others in our belief that our employees should be encouraged to bring this mission to life both personally and professionally, and in a way that is unique to them. Whether it is taking a ski run at lunch, volunteering for a cause close to your heart, or hiking at sunrise, we know our employees are our best ambassadors and our greatest investment.
The Public Relations Manager oversees public relations initiatives, develops media relationships and works to garner positive press coverage for ASC. This position collaborates with co-workers across all departments and representatives from outside organizations in the planning and coordination of self-directed PR projects. Additionally, this role requires efficient response times to media inquiries and ensures ASC positions are accurately represented.
This role typically pays around $61,232, actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, and all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist in creating PR plans and strategies
• Represent the company’s voice when dealing with media
• Serve as a first contact person for media queries
• Writes press releases, media announcements, pitches and other PR copy
• Prepare presentations for media briefings and other meetings
• Provide media support for all company events and initiatives
• Suggest effective ways of peaceful resolving any internal or external disputes
• Conduct research and analyze public opinion
• Build and maintain targeted media lists, and nurture relationships with key reporters
• Works proactively on media outreach and pitching
• Monitor and analyze effectiveness of PR campaigns and communicate insights to management
• Collaborate with external stakeholders including public affairs offices, consumer organizations, and professional societies
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field required
• 5+ years of experience in the field of public relations or related field required
• Experience working successfully in teams or as part of a cross-functional initiative
• Experience working with Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel required
• Proofing/copywriting experience required
• Familiarity with AP style, MS Office proficiency and strong project management skills
• Working knowledge of Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook and other social media
• Communications expert with skills in written and oral communication, finely tuned listening skills and the ability to develop and maintain lasting media relationships.
Supervision given and received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under limited supervision of VP, Communications. Receives guidance in terms of broad goals and overall objectives and is responsible for establishing strategical methods to attain them. Can formulate policies but does not necessarily have final authority for approval. Review of work is not detailed and emphasizes accomplishment of broad work objectives, rather than specific assignments.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
No adverse or hazardous conditions
Not required, but preferred to be able to lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance
This position /certain locations will require an employee to ski or snowboard
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits