Valet -The Little Nell
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $14.00 plus tips
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Valet will provide prompt and courteous valet parking service to all hotel guests and to assist doorperson as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Park and deliver vehicles to and from the garage basement promptly, efficiently, and safely
• Drive in a safe and responsible manner at all times
• Return the guest vehicle in the same condition as it was left, i.e. seats, radio and mirrors in the same position
• Lock the car and return the keys with properly marked tags to lock the box. Cars that cannot be locked properly should be noted on the valet ticket
• Fill out the parking tickets according to procedures. This includes inspecting the outside of the car and writing down any obvious damage
• Report damages to a guest car immediately to the Guest Services Manager or Manager on Duty and fill out an incident report immediately
• Assist guests with vehicle problems or direct them to the concierge for assistance.
• Familiar with hotel services, hours of operation
• Know about daily functions, locations and times for appropriate guest direction
• Keep valet area clean and orderly at all times
• Assist at the front door at the doorperson’s request
• Assist with the collection of monies for hourly parking
• Reconciliation of vehicles for overnight parking
• Knowledge of guests who have parking passes
Additional Job Duties:
• Make manager aware of guest’s comments and complaints
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner, as outlined in the employee handbook
• Report to shift on time
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Rooms Division, The Little Nell and Aspen Skiing Company
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures
• Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
• Good communication & guest relations skills
• Current Driver’s License, with no violations
• Able to drive a stick shift car
• High school diploma or equivalent
Supervision Given and Received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Guest Services Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits