Child Care Nurse
- Snowmass Village, CO, USA
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Job Location: Snowmass
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $23.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
Going to work is a whole lot easier when your “office” is one of four world-class mountains (Snowmass, Aspen, Buttermilk, and Aspen Highlands) in the Rockies. Our acclaimed Ski & Snowboard Schools are made up of a collection of talented and inspired Pros that teach kids and adults of all ages to build confidence, understand terrain, and bring up their skiing or riding to the next level.
The Child Care Nurse will provide care for all children within the childcare facility at Aspen Snowmass and will act as the healthcare consultant for the facility as required. Child Care Nurse also assists with routine feedings of infants and toddlers as well as administering necessary medication. This position assists with the supervision of staff in addition to caring for children.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist Coordinator with daily operations of the assigned program
• Provides quality childcare to toddlers and infants with an emphasis on health and safety
• Gathers information to determine the source of and obtain solutions to problems
• Make sound decisions regarding the safety and wellbeing of children under all circumstances
• Lead group activities indoor and outdoor, including, but not limited to, crafts, games and other recreational activities including skiing
• Responsible for the child wellbeing, including but not limited to, changing diapers, emotional management and give attention to special cases
• Complete mandatory reporting to support proper communication for parents and staff
• Must be 18 years or older
• Minimum two years of documented experience in working with children ages 3 and under
• Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese is helpful
• Know the different developmental stages of each age group
• Must meet ONE of the following criteria:
o A registered nurse, licensed to practice in Colorado, with a minimum of 6 months of experience in the care of infants
o A licensed practical nurse, licensed to practice in Colorado, with twelve (12) months of experience in the care of infants
o An adult who holds a certificate in infant and toddler care from a regionally accredited college or university with completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours in the development and care of infants and toddlers in a group setting
o An adult who is currently certified as a Child Development Associate (CDA) and has completed the Department approved expanding quality in infant and toddler development course of training
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision of Snow Cubs Coordinator. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time. Kneeling and bending may be required
Regularly work indoors with no adverse conditions. Some positions require exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here